Bush to Congress "Who's your Daddy?"

@gewcew23 (8011)
About a month ago, we had a starting of a huge fight between the President and the Democratic controlled Congress. Pelosi and Reid, came up with a bill that set timetables for withdrawl from Iraq. Bush and Cheney went on the offense. Cheney took it a step further and called out Reid. Reid shot back and said that he wouldn't respond to someone with an approval rating of 9%. Pelosi kept saying over and over again that the will of the people was on the side of the Democrates. The people wanted the war to come to an end. She claimed that this and this alone was the reason why, the democrates were swept into office. Reid said over and over again that this Congress wasn't going to be a rubberstamp Congress, and even said that the PResident no longer had a blank check for this war. So they sent Bush the timetable withdrawl from Iraq and he vetoed it. About a week ago, the democrates under Senator Feingold from Minnesota came up with a piece of legislation that would cut off all funds to the Iraq war. This bill only got 27 democrat Senators. Now congress gave what President Bush wanted in the first place. A war spending bill that has no strings attached to it. Now I must say if the Democrates represent the will of the people, do they now not represent the will of the people? We are constantly being told by the media that 58% of AMerican people are against the war, that President Bush's approval rating is hoovering around 30% and the democrates were swept into office to challenge President Bush over this war. SO why did they give in? Didn't Pelosi and Reid do exactly what they had been accusing the Republican COngress of doing the last 4 years, about giving Bush a blank check for his war. It appears to me that Bush has won. You might disagree with that logic, but it's plain to see that the Democrates don't have the support of the American people. Pelosi and Reid only have 27% approval rating. Bush simply has higher approval rating and the Congress backed down to him.
I gotta agree on that, even tho my mom would kill me. She's a die-hard democrat, no matter what. 100% sheeple, but I love her. Anyway, my point is that the Democrats got in under the guise that the war spending would come to a halt. Dunno what happened between point A and point B, but something smells a little fishy. Seems like I remember a lot of Democrat scuttlebutt about impeaching the Destructive Duo and their henchmen, but as soon as Pelosi was voted in, the first words out her mouth were "Impeachment is off the table." That right there told me that the implied help coming from the Democrats was nothing but a farce.
@jillmalitz (5132)
At one time or another I have been Republican, Democrat or Independent. I can even remember in college I toyed with the idea of politics. Glad I didn't. I am disappointed with the Dems for caving in to Bush. The will of the people seems to be ignored more and more. If we elect someone to represent us, they dont. What can we do? Nothing. Our system allows a lot of bills go through will all sorts of things added to it. It is never just one thing. I support our troops but I think Bush's demands have severely hampered their ability to do their jobs. And dont even get me started on the 300 page immigration bill. Good grief, what a mess. I dont understand what these people are thinking.
@bobmnu (8160)
Pelosi and Reid speak for the extream left and think they can force the American people to do what they want. In Wisconsin, where Finegold is from, Kohl and Obey ran for re election and never brought up withdrawing from Iraq during the campaing but now talk as thou that was the only isssue in the election. All they talked abouit was how bad President Bush was and how they would clean up the corrupt Congress. I wounder what kind of stuff they are drinking??
@sigma77 (5385)
I am not crazy about politics and all this back and forth. The Democrats will never speak for me, and the Republicans hardly do anymore. You make a good point about politicians...they ever hardly do what they set out to do because they always have their eyes on the next vote. I still maintain that the majority of politicians only do what will get them the most votes. It is hard to get a handle on the involvenment in Iraq because the government will not be up front with the people. I have supported Bush for the most part, but sometimes I wonder what the government is trying to accomplish.
@estherlou (5020)
I've voted in quite a few elections in my 57 years, and there is one thing I've noticed about the American voting public. They are extremely fickle. If gas goes up, it's the president's fault. If taxes go up, it's the presidents fault. If social security, medicare, medicaid, jobs, health insurance, huricanes or anything else changes for the worse...it's the presidents fault. And what happens next is, they vote for the opposite party. And that's what happened this time. Now we have a democratic party congress that likes to talk more than it likes to accomplish anything...sounds like politics as usual.
@soadnot (1606)
lool...i know its unfair but what you gonna do?