Summer Colds

@TerryZ (22085)
Dont you just hate a summer cold? This morning I woke up with a sore throat and my head clogged. I thought about using some drano but then I decieded that wasnt a good idea!LOL If anyone has any remedies for me please share. I will be forever indebited to you.LOL Well not really but it sounded good!
@gabs8513 (48764)
Yes Summer colds are awful I have to admit because I can not take Paracetamol or anything I normally have hot Blackcurrant with Lemon in and it seems to help me so try that one I do hope you get rid of it soon Big Hug to you xx
@TerryZ (22085)
Thanks Gabs and blackcurrant is tea right?
@gabs8513 (48764)
Nope it is a Juice you dilute with water but Blackcurrant Tea should do the trick to
@pyewacket (44032)
Summer colds are definitely the worse...they say the moment you feel a cold coming on to take those zinc type cough drops...supposed to lessen the severity of the cold and not last as long--never helped me though :-( I just chicken soup it a lot..until I'm ready to turn into a chicken...add a lot of garlic as garlic is a natural anti-biotic, and drink a lot of hot teas with lemon, and my great-grandmother was a firm believer in adding a bit of brandy to the tea before going to bed--Uh, no TerryZ I wouldn't recommend Drano though--LOL
@TerryZ (22085)
Thanks my friend Im going to try it. I didnt know that garlic was a natural antibotic.We learn something everyday.
@pyewacket (44032)
You can get garlic pills too..they're a lot more potent...if you were to take the equivalent of garlic cloves versus a garlic pill, you would have to eat about 30 cloves...uh..wouldn't make too many friends that way--LOL
@jbb316 (1779)
Summer colds are awful. They are the worst. Mucinex is good to break up the congestion.
@TerryZ (22085)
Well I still have and Im going to give that a try thanks
@TinaCL (429)
Yeah, I've had a horrible sore throat for a few days. My entire left side of my throat is inflamed and red and it hurts to swallow. I don't think it's a cold--it's probably allergies. I always get clogged up around May. A good remedy is lots of steam. Get a pot, heat up some water. When it's done boiling, put a towel over your head and just inhale the steam. It's good for clearing up nasal passages and puffy eyes. Drano is evil--lol!
@TerryZ (22085)
Thanks TinaCL I will give it a try.
@ESKARENA1 (18300)
i too hate them and this week my two kids and my husband have had one. I thought i had missed it but today ive started too blessed be
@TerryZ (22085)
Ahhh you gave it to me.LOL Just kidding. We will be miserable together on here.LOL feel better.
I have the same problem too. I sleep with a humidifier. Get the cool mist one. Works like a charm. No more sore throats or headaches in the morning. With the humidifier, I can also get a better night's sleep. I think it's cos' I can breathe better. Try it.