mini vacations instead of long ones? what do you think about 3 days vacation

pros nad cons please , which is best and why? I am considering a mini vacation this year?
@villageanne (8554)
Personally we love the mini vacations. We have done this for the last few years and find that it gives us more relaxation time than the two week vacation. For us two week vacations were just too long. We were thinking about our home and animals after about a week anyway so we could not enjoy the rest of the vacation.
what do you think would be good ideas and also not too hard on the budget. Looking for ideas here. I would like to saty within 3 to 4 days.
We used to drive cross country for vacation. We took 4 or more days just to get there as we drove. It was so hard but then we decided to stay in our own state. We went to see historic sites and state and nataional tourist sites. It was amazing how much wonderful things are in your own state that we were taking for granted because we thought the best sites were in other states. We live in West Virginia and have an interest in historical sites. We found that there were many sites all that was easily accessed within a day. I suggest that you look in your own area or state.
@kgwat70 (13396)
I always prefer having the long vacations so I can have plenty of time to relax and do the things that I want to do, especially if I go out of town. You can get more done at home or away during a long vacation. Three day weekends are very nice too so I can not complain about those. I am looking forward to this three day weekend coming up to take a break and rest. Three day weekends are not good if you want to travel far away.
this year because of new work related responsibilities, I must take a short one. I am trying to think of some ideas that would work out. I want it to be fun even though it will be short.
@mememama (3077)
We usually take minivacations, our favorite destination is the beach. But I think it depends on where you live and what your interests are. My husband is very outdoorsy and I'm very much into the city. So sometimes we go do nature stuff, and sometimes we go to a big city to see what they have to offer. When we lived in the Pacific Northwest, we had the best of both worlds, many cities have lots of outdoors stuff to do within an hour or so drive. This summer we are living in a city, so we'll probably drive to see the sites and take our son to historic places.
@rusty2rusty (6767)
• Defiance, Ohio
Where you thinking about taking a mini-vaction to? I think mini-vactions are gtreat. Espically if you don't have the time or money to take a long vaction. Mini-vactions also help refresh people and relax them. Espically if they work in a high stress job. We take mini-vactions alot because of money. PLus the fact my husband can't get a week off of work.
@marciascott (25555)
I wish I could take any kind of vaction mini or long I am due for a vacation! I use to take vacations all the time. But now I can't like I just to My husband is sickly! last time I went on a trip I had to come right back home in 3 days, I was suppose to be gone for a week, but I had to come back home to see about husband.