Who was the very first president of the United States...Do you think you know

the answer. I'll bet you'll answer wrong.
@VotreAmie (3037)
I am not cheating, I knew the answer and didn't read the other responses: the first president of the United States is George Washington. Okay I better remember this because I may have this question in my citizenship test lol
Hello VotreAmie, In this case you need to cheat and read my response. George Washington was the first president after the constitution. But, did you know we had presidents prior to the constitution. I didn't either, not until I heard a radio talk show host calling one of his callers an idiot when he said Gearge Washington was not the first president. You'll find an interesting read by doing a search on President John Hanson
@eaforeman6 (8983)
goeorge washington is right- there was a first president of congress but he was not the first president of the us....
George Washington was the first president of the constitution we serve by today. The president of congress was the highest power of office, therefore was the president of the United States before the constitution was written. Do a search for John Hanson for the rest of the story.
George Washington was the first President of the United States.
Do a search on President John Hanson. George Washington was our first president under the constitution as we live by today.
@cwilson26 (2737)
Well I thought it was George Washington but I just read your answer to other responses and now I know it was John Hansen. I bet no one else knows this unless they read this. Pretty interesting stuff. Learn something new every day. By the way you probably don't realize this but I am on your messenger list on Yahoo. I go by the name charmedsassy25 on there. I haven't talked to you on there since the first time I have talked to you on it. I never go on messenger anymore because I am too busy to chat anymore. Just wanted to know if you knew it was me or not and if you remember me. :)