Fountain Pen or Ball Pen? Which is your preferred one for writing?

I prefer fountain pen... Dear friends, what do you prefer for writing purposes.
@KarenO52 (2951)
Neither one, I like pencils. I make too many mistakes, and I like to be able to erase and write over.
i prefer the ball point pen for writing purposes.less inclined to make a mess. i do use fountain pen for artwork though.
@skbadhan (881)
Ball point pen - most used pen type now a days
Hi ranjeet I had used fountain pen during my school days. there after I am using Ball point pen.
@ladyluna (7004)
Hello Ranjeetkolarkar, Wow, I have't used a fountain pen since the last time I calligraphied our Christmas Cards. I believe fountain pens are a acquired taste. You must be skilled with it, to not get ink blots all over the place. Ya' should have seen me after my last try at calligraphy. I looked like the Christmas tree; all red & green. What a mess, but it was fun! Personally, I most often use a mechanical pencil. It doesn't need to be sharpened, only occassionally re-filled. If I must use a pen, I prefer the super fine-tipped permanent markers. In fact, "Foray Fine Point" is my preference.
hi ladyluna. thanks for sharing your experiences. Can you please tell me more about "Foray Point Pen". I do not have any idea about it.
@whyaskq (7532)
I was brought up using a ball pen or a mechanical pencil. I have never seen or used a fountain pen. Does it squirts like a fountain? lol. I prefer to use a pencil or a roller pen for writing.
@Willowlady (10666)
I much prefer the ball point pen. I do alot of writing offline and so that is the pen I most like to use. Blue is good but black is better in most cases. I did use a red one at the computer club meeting the other night. Fortunately pens are rather inexpensive as a rule. Oh, I got a couple of ball points from the speaker at the club meeting. That sure was a bonus.
@krayzee (1161)
I tend to prefer the gel pens. I tend to write more beautiful with them than with ball pens (not that I don't have a bunch of ball pens scattered around me everywhere) . I also like fountain pens but they seem a bit sensitive to me, I mean if you shake them you can get ink blots and such... :)
@mani123 (354)
hi! i like both the pens.. but i mostly used ball pens.. because it will be used to write smoothly...
@santuccie (3375)
I prefer the ball-point pen. It's the best choice for writing on carbons. Fountain pens don't skip as much, but they sometimes blotch. And you never know where or when. :( Rollerball pens were once my happy medium, but they too blotch when they're ready to retire. And they don't seem to be as tough under pressure as a ball-point pen. If you want the best of both worlds, I recommend a Montblanc or a Cross with fine tip. They rarely skip, they write smooth, they don't blotch, and of course they can stand up to a bit of pressure for filling in carbon forms. They cost a pretty penny, but like the old saying goes, "You get what you pay for."
I use a ball point pen, because it does not make a mess all the time. If there is only one leaky pen in the world, I will have it...lol.
@ryanphil01 (4186)
i prefer to use ball pens than fountain pens because ballpens are easier, more convenient and cheaper to use. i hate refillings of fountain pens, a messy thing to do, besides they leave marks and blots on paper and hands.
@patgalca (14361)
• Orangeville, Ontario
I use Papermate pens. I don't care for any other kind. One of the women in my writing group uses fountain pens and the mess she makes! She gets ink all over her hands and even on her face. I can't be bothered with refilling a fountain pen. I have yet to findn a Gel Pen that lasted more than a few minutes. I just stick with good old fashioned ball point pens, regular tip.
@bonbon664 (3470)
I hate the fountain pen! I can't use one without getting ink all over my hands. I'm a ball point gal for sure. Gel is better though.
@tigerdragon (4297)
i am a very practical person and my writing is not caligraphically readable and besides i always loose a pen somewhere.i guess it talks about a person by the choice of writing material he chooses.i chose a ballpoint pen.
I prefer to use ball pen, as it's much more convenient. I don't have to worry about the ink will be leaked.
@samson1967 (7422)
I stopped using fountain pens long ago after I switched over to Ball pens. Now I prefer Micro tip pens. I can really write well and faster with Micro tip pens.
@ElicBxn (60883)
I like the gel roller balls. I find I can write faster with them. My roomie likes either regular ink ball points of felt tip "flair" types because they don't smear when her hand crosses the words because she's left handed. She also likes the wider points, like medium because she can see them more easily, since she's visually impaired.
I prefer to use a fountain pen because I spend so much time handwriting, and I tend to get cramps in my hands when I use ballpoint pens. I use ink cartridges to make refilling virtually mess free. Overall, I prefer the writing experience of a fountain pen.
@gradyslady (4055)
I like both, actually I like all kinds of pens, I love to write.
@worthy (2413)
I've tried all.But if speed and efficiency is concerned,i find gel pens the best.