Have you ever fallen for a get rich quick scheme?

Way back before I went online and started working and making some money, I was notorious for buying into every infommercial get rich quick scheme. I tried SMC, VMC, the dating phone lines, (back when they did that) Amway, even an MLM company. Course none of them made any money. While I'm sure that lots of people have made money with them, for some reason they didn't work for me. Have you had the same experience? And, if so, which programs should people avoid. Also, which ones have produced money for you?
@kelly60 (4548)
I have tried some of the work at home programs, but only lost money with them. I learned my lesson quickly. I no longer invest money on any programs that I work for. If I can't start the program for free, I won't do it.
Years ago, I did stuff like that too. I've invested into the 900 phone line scheme. Didn't make any money with that. I tried VDC, SMC, MLM, you name it. I've made more money with free online surveys and affiliate programs than all the other paid programs combined.