Colour of your walls. Does it really affect your mood?

@muscare (3069)
Australia
There has always been so much talk about having the right colour in certain rooms to acheive a certain mood. Do you think that the colour of your rooms affect you? What colour do you have in your study/office. Does it make you feel more relaxed? What about the bedroom? Does a certain colour make you more....romantic? I'd like to know peoples thoughts(and colour schemes) on this subject.
my bedroom'wall is pure white. in fact ,i want my wall to be pink, that will make me feel comfortable. and my study ,i want to be colorful, coz i like color when i read.
@muscare (3069)
Yes, I find white quite a 'sterile' colour, and I always worry about dirt around it. Would you have lots of different colours for your study, or just one or two bright, exciting colours?
i prefer many colors for my study. coz i want my life to be colorful .book is the first step for me to get it ,so i hope that my study can be colorful too. maybe a little joking.right? good luck,my friend.
• Portugal
I believe this is true. there are a lot of studies on this and even people that make projects about colors of walls as a job. I don't know any color scheme ,only for web sites :) .
@muscare (3069)
Yes, I'm sure a lot of studies have been done, and that the experts would know just what colours are needed for certain moods. I actually just pick colours because I like them!
@alpine_007 (1476)
• Pakistan
colour of the walls do not affect my mood very much but still has some effect on our mood like green colour always has a really good effect on my mood
@muscare (3069)
I'm sure my 4 yr old son would definitely agree with you on that one, his favourite colour is green. When it comes time to repaint his room, I bet I know what he will choose!
Yes, certain colors, especially strong colors like Red and Black, painted on the wall of rooms will more or less affect a person's mood living in that room. My rooms are painted in neutral and soothing colors beige, so it creats an airy and bright environment for me. In a red room, I would feel warm, maybe easily frustrated.
@muscare (3069)
I've actually have pale yellow on my office walls, and I don't know if it calms me or not. I do notice in peoples homes that are painted strong colours do take a bit of getting used to, whereas milder colours slip by almost unnoticed. I think that is a good thing.
@angela2006 (1846)
yes,I think so .actually,I think the surrounding we live will affect us very much.if the wall's color is your favorate color,then it will help you have a good mood.
@muscare (3069)
I'm not sure what people would say if I painted my walls my favourite colour, because it is black,lol! I don't know why, I just love black stuff. I'm not an angry, depressed person either so there's not an issue there. I guess what colour my walls are must be ok anyway, because I'm not to bad. Thanks for your reply.