Have you ever picked up a Hitchhiker ?

Would you pick up someone you saw on the side of the road ? What if it was a woman carrying a baby in a car seat and another child , would you stop to see if she needed a life somewhere ? Years ago , I had to get my son to the hospital , he was a baby at the time but I had no drive home so I had to walk home carrying my son in a car seat and my daughter who was two at the time and not one person stopped to offer help . I find it sad to think that with times the way they are , nobody is trusting her another even when we see a mother walking in the rain with two babies and one of them in a car seat .
@smacksman (6076)
Oh yes, I would have stopped for you so long as you were well out in the open and didn't have your hoodie partner ready to jump on me. I give lifts to young men who look like students because I was in the same boat when I was young with no transport and no money. But sorry to those of you out there, I don't pick up single girls. You cry rape too often and the odds are stacked heavily against me as a man. If you are beside a broken down car I might just stop and offer help but I would be very nervous of the situation. Sad isn't it?
It is sad to think that we have reasons to fear helping out someone because of what could happen if we do . Thank you for your response .
@onerygirl (549)
I picked up an elderly man on Christmas morning as we were driving to my mom's house for Christmas. It was cold and windy. My two children and I opened up the cookies and candies we had made and gave him a goodie bag for him to take on his journey. It was great to see my kids open their hearts to a total stranger. What a gift for us.
@inked4life (4228)
I did years ago. I was driving home latenight/early morning and saw 2 guys walking up a major highway. It was freezing cold. I pulled over and asked if they were okay and they said that they had run out of money and couldn't afford a cab home (having missed the last train). they lived near me so I told them to hop in and I drove them home...that's the only time I've done that.