Kid Brings Home the Bacon!

Boy with Hogzilla - Wow!
Boy, 11, bags hog bigger than 'Hogzilla' Wow, I bet this kid will be famous. I just can't imagine facing a dangerous animal this big that may charge. Have any of you had to kill a large animal to protect yourself?Hogzilla is being made into a horror movie. But the sequel may be even bigger: Meet Monster Pig. An 11-year-old boy used a pistol to kill a wild hog his father says weighed a staggering 1,051 pounds and measured 9 feet 4, from the tip of its snout to the base of its tail. Think hams as big as car tires. If the claims are accurate, Jamison Stone's trophy boar would be bigger than Hogzilla, the famed wild hog that grew to seemingly mythical proportions after being killed in south Georgia in 2004. Hogzilla originally was thought to weigh 1,000 pounds and measure 12 feet long. National Geographic experts who unearthed its remains believe the animal actually weighed about 800 pounds and was 8 feet long. Through it all, there was the fear that the animal would turn and charge them, as wild boars have a reputation for doing. Full Story http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070526/ap_on_fe_st/odd_monster_pig;_ylt=Ag_KO59BXj0s_vlSVl_xzwcuQE4F
I read that story lastnight and when I saw the picture of the pig, it really shocked and amazed me. That thing was huge! I have a feeling that, that family after awhile is going to get tired of pork..lol Especially with them going to make 500 to 700 pounds of sausage out of it. I would think that some of it would be given away to family and friends if not I'm glad that I am not part of that family, even though I do like pork, that's just way to much to be having around. I'm just wondering how it is that these pigs are able to grow to such huge sizes.
I also like pork but I dont think it would even taste like farm raised hogs. I think it would have a "gamey" taste to it.
@worldwise1 (14887)
I heard about this incident on my fav talk-radio show last night. The guy who called in said that there had been rumors circulating for many years about these huge hogs roaming the wilds, but no one gave them any credence. I bet they will now.
Heather ~ It most likely would, most stuff that is caught in the wild usually has that distinct taste to it, because of the diet that they eat out there. I've never had wild pig before, but can almost be certain it would be the same as one that had been raised on a farm.
@gabs8513 (48715)
Well I have to say he is braver then me as I would have never dared to I think I would have just been frozen to the Spot to be honest
I would have either been frozen next to you or running like the dickens in the opposite direction (of course dragging you with me as I know you can get into trouble without looking for it... LOL) xxx
@gabs8513 (48715)
Hahahaha thanks Heather
@Lakota12 (42681)
At first I was thinking no way killing that with a pistol but after reading about the size of the pistol way to go for the boy!. With being this big I wonder how tough the meat would be guess its a good idea to make it all up into sausage! In all the years I lived in Tennessee I never seen a wild hog!. But father in law rasied hogs so we had our share of smoked hams middlin meat and sausage! oh and tenderloin
I really enjoy a nicely seasoned tenderloin myself.
@classy56 (2883)
wow,that is a big hog for someone to kill.even for a 11 yr old must knew what he was doing to protect himself. least now he will have plenty of ham an bacon to eat for a long time.he needs to buy him a frezzer.lol. if i had seen a hog that big i would run, i would be to scared to kill it.
If there had been a tree around and it was me facing that huge beast I would have up the tree in a flash (old or not).
@MsTickle (24994)
Wow...that's a massive size. That young bloke must be pleased as punch. The feral pigs around here are tiny by comparison, that thing was the size of a bull. Great story, thanks for sharing.
@worldwise1 (14887)
All I can say, whiteheather, is "Great shooting,kid." I know that if I were confronted with this monster I would have took to the hills. This is a brave boy indeed who deserves all the recognition that will be coming his way.
@breepeace (3027)
That's incredible! The pig's head is bigger than that kid!
@Lifez2short (4969)
Wow now that was one brave/crazy kid. I would have been to scared to even look at the pig let alone kill it. And I guess this family will be gating pork for a long time.
I used to go hunting with my dad, but it was small game hunting rabbits mostly. Never even wanted to go after anything really big like deer. I don't like hunting big game unless you have to have something to eat. This young man is very lucky he didn't get hurt, but I'm sure he is happy with his accomplishment. It is probably a good thing that he got the boar, it could have hurt someone real badly with those tusks.
I have to agree that I dont really approve of hunting for a sport but you are propbably correct that it would eventually have hurt or killed someone.
Thanks for the best response, I appreciate it...:}
@jennybianca (12914)
I don't like hunting for sport, never have. I can understand if the animal is needed for food, but this trophy hunting is not my idea of a good time.
@mizrae (587)
Did you read the latest, that this really ended up being a hoax?
According to snopes.com the size of this animal was verfied and was breed by a hog breeder. According to the article is is not unual for a bred hod to reach 1,300 lbs and the one the boy shot was ONLY 1,051 lbs. http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/hogzilla.asp?print=y
What made me laugh when I read the article was that they commented that they were "investigating it". What exactly is there to investigate? LOL I thought that was an odd thing to say. And I cannot imagine seeing that thing coming towards me!!!! Now I wonder if wild boar or hog or whatever it's called tastes like "normal" farm raised pig/pork? Anyone know?
It would probably have a "gamey" taste to it as it is the diet animal eat in the wilds that give it that taste, I have eaten venison but I'm not real fond of it.