In SERVICE Who Has Prospered ?

Thiruvananthapuram, India
A very pertinent question . You put up the heyday in your life in governmental service. Being in service is being in service to fellow beings . You are being paid for your services with a fixed income , though the figure fluctuates to negligible raises at times. The death knell strikes when you have to RETIRE. What have you gained in being of service to the governmental machinery ? Think it over . Wouldn't things have been much more better if you did something else all these years . /
@naty1941 (2336)
I worked several years for the government and many years for private industry. My work in different government agencies entailed dealing with the public. I prefer working for private industry as working for the government felt like I was a slave and did not get any respect nor a high salary.
@naty1941 (2336)
Thank you very much for best response. Have a good day.
@ElicBxn (60895)
On the other hand, I have good insurance - still have it even tho I've retired - a fair number of holidays each year. AND, I was hard to fire.
@winterose (39918)
It sounds like you think it is wrong to work for the government? Anyhow my response is not everyone is in it for the money, In my country you could get money money working privately and you could also make less. I would work for the government because I believe in my country and the good it does in social programs, it is the principle that is far greater than the remuneration.