How many here use voice recognition with their computer?

I am learning that the laptop I have which has vista..has some limitations but it has voice recognition on it.. Anyone use this feature.. Any tips? Do you find it helpful when writing emails or other things?
@Tarrish (562)
Vista just annoys me so much! Everything about it gets on my nerves. I wish my laptop wouldn't have come with it to be perfectly honest. Voice rec is alright, but it has it's downfalls. Things tend to get messed up, meaning the words you tell it.
I know how you feel about the vista..I am going to return my laptop..I have rented before buying as it has vista and it's completely non-functional!!!:)+
@anc350 (326)
Voice recognition technology is very old !! I had used a software "IBM Via-Voice" back in 2001. It was quite good but sometimes failed to recognise the most simple of words. So I guess its the pronounciation and accents that affect the program more than anything else. Try speaking in a clear and decisive tone will help the software to work upto the mark.
My computer is having a hard time recognizing my voice..I say Angie and it type A and Z ..or And Gee..I end up typing..rather then waiting for it to correct itself;)+
I had a friend with voice recognition on his Mac a few years back, and it seemed that it would never do what he told it to do. He would try to open a program (can't remember which one) and it would say "page down." I would hope that they've improved the voice recognition for Vista, but I wouldn't be surprised if it makes a lot of mistakes. I don't think I would use it if I had it, personally.