How Long have You Been Married?

@wenfri (1188)
How long have you been married/living with your partner? What date did you get married on? Why did you choose that specific date? Guess I will go first I have been marride for 33 years(some days feels like forever) LOL Still going strong We got married on July 14th We chose the 14th because my parents got married on Valentine's day Feb 14th Both myself and one of my sissy's got married on the 14th We are still married to the same person we started with My older brother and younger sissy Picked a different day and are both on their 2nd marriage. Made a difference No idea But it works for us Wendy
@Sherry12 (2475)
We will have been married 22 years on Sept. 16. There was no special reason for the date, just that was the date that worked with our plans. It was the second marriage for both of us. I like your idea of the 14th, my birthday is on the 14.
@wenfri (1188)
Congrats on the 22 years May you have many many more Also a good choice for a birthday LOL Wendy
@RenaeT (688)
I have been married 10 wonderful years to my husband. We had our first date on June 28, 1996, on July 4, he came over to my house and told me he thought he was in love with me. It had been an amazing week falling for each other! It was the most amazing thing and totally unexplainable. We were married November 30th. There is no signifigance to our choosing that date at all, but we were glad we did! It saved us a lot of money on decor for the church!~ Since our church was preparing for the huge Christmas musical we put on, the sanctuary was decorated beautifully already, and, down in the family center where we had our reception, the PA system was set up, the grand piano was on the stage, and it was also decorated for Christmas! Since we both had been married before, we didn't need gifts... and we didn't have the money for a big reception with food. So, we got creative and had the reception a POT LUCK! That way, EVERYONE could come and nobody was left out. We had about 300 people there and it was one amazing wedding for only about $1500 bucks!! We are still as happy today, or perhaps even happier than the day we were married. I adore my husband.
@wenfri (1188)
Congrats on 10 years May you have many more Love at first sight huh Way to go I met my hubby in high school First year I hated him hmmm wonder what went wrong LOL You a had a huge reception and there isn't anything wrong with potluck Works great and usually end up being the best food served. Glad to hear you are both still in love and adore each other. Wendy
@jerryn (818)
I've been married for 15 years. We got married on July 12th. We decided on that date because it was on a Thursday and we both like even numbers. Friday the 13th didn't set to well with us.
@wenfri (1188)
Jerry I wouldn't want to be married on Friday the 13th either LOL Good choice Congrats on 15 years Keep going strong Wendy
@abroji (3247)
I belong to an entirely defferent culture. Wendy, I think you already know I am an Indian. Here marriages are mostly arranged by the parents. However in my case it was an affair ending up in marriage. I am married for 31 years and still going smoothly. My marriage was on May 26th. That date was chosen for the convenience of both families, no other significance. Interesting, wendy, thank you.
@wenfri (1188)
Yes I knew you were Indian Yours isn't the only culture that does arranged marriages. My hubbies sister (German) has an arranged marriage Guess the 2 of us revolted against the system cause I know for a fact that my hubbies parents had a female all picked our for him. Glad I won out though LOL Hey you are catching up to us 33 for us Congrats and I am ever so happy for you that things are still going smoothly Wendy
@abroji (3247)
Thank you wendy for your comment and felcitations. Also I congratulate you for your long and happy married life. Let man not seperate what God has united.
@all4ucnc (861)
My husband and I started dating 17 years ago while I was a sophmore in highschool, we married after I graduated, I was 18, and he was 20 . . . We will celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary July 24th.
@wenfri (1188)
Cool Another set of high school sweethearts 18 is young LOL but I was 19 so not much diff Hubby turned 20 a week after we were married Congrats and many more years of happiness for you Wendy