I'm a little confused about posting links on this site.

@susieq223 (3742)
Hopefully, some of the experienced people on here can clear things up. I see a lot of people that post links to their blogs, articles, etc. and don't get deleted. On the other hand I hear of some people who have been deleted for doing that. I have read the do's and don'ts and know it says to contact myLot people for advertising. Is posting a link considered advertising? I have articles and photos on other links that I would like to mention, but I am afraid of violating some policy. I did post a link in a reply I posted one time and nothing happened. Is there a difference in posting a link in a discussion or in a reply? I like this site and want to follow the rules.
@BrainTeaser (1432)
• Pakistan
I guess you can post links to your blogs and articles in here when starting a related topic to them only the topics with the referral links got deleted ,just a guess but haven't seen any blog or article links discussions getting deleted from here so you can i guess only if the subject is under the guidelines of mylot,else it will be trashed and the best way to play safe is to post the discussion in the right section and you are safe.
@susieq223 (3742)
That certainly makes sense. I'm still a little wary of doing even that though. Thanks for your reply.
• New Zealand
I'm not experienced, but this is what I heard from another post. You may post links to your blogs or almost any other website you like, so long and the link you post isnt a "money making link", this actually confused me more, I see so many referral links posted in the make money sections, including myself and none are deleted... So, I take it as in those sections its ok to do it, but to keep doing it in other sections its not. Thats how I have been doing it and so far I have not had any posts deleted.
@susieq223 (3742)
Yes, that is where I am confused. I do see links posting to another site and they are money making sites. I have posted a couple of times and they weren't deleted, but I'm still not sure if they are ok.
Hi sweetie. I understand your situation. It is best just not to put out any links to anything. That would be the safe way. You can try to email MyLot, and be happy if they respond. They seem to make up the rules as they want, anytime. So, if possible, skip the links, and stick to the posts and replys. Hugs honey. M&M
@susieq223 (3742)
I think I will give them an example of what I am asking and see what their answer is. Thanks.
MyLot is so big that they only check discussions that have been reported my members or undercover agents (sounds like a spy movie). Members are not supposed to post their affiliate links to programs. They can give the link to their own site or blog and the referral links can be on there. That is how I understand it.
@susieq223 (3742)
Okay. Thank you for replying.