Calling all poets! (AND NON-POETS!) Calling all poets!

You are invited to join me in a celebration of the oft-ignored, classic form of poetry, the limerick. I think of limericks as the Everyperson's art form. They're easy to create, easy to share, and often quite funny. Don those thinking caps, my friends, and let's limerick! Pick any subject you wish, just mind the myLot guidelines. No need to be funny, write political, write romantic, write from your experience, write anything! here's one I wrote about the affordable apartment complex they closed down last year to level the buildings and create another Yuppieville: Brookview had homes they called town, every building was badly run down. Some developers found out, and kicked us all out To make millions rebuilding the ground! Have fun!
@Destiny007 (5820)
I tried to write me a poem, The words they came out all wrong, The poem was a bust, The people all cussed, That's it, I quit, so long.
I like it, no cusses here! Thanks for stopping by, Des!