Mylot is making me a bad housewife

@4cuteboys (4103)
So I should be putting away the enormous heap of laundry I just washed, but instead here I am..lol! Mylot is really messing me up. lol. Do you have this problem to? I have noticed that I put off all sorts of housework when I have a chance to do it, because it's so much more fun to be here. lol!!!
@nurhoney (1123)
its not making you a bad housewife...you just need to know how to budget/schedule your time coz you cant just leave your house works lying there even though you are making money in mylot. if you have a problem about the laundry, you can do laudry everyday which would make you finish it in a short time than do a heap of it for a long time. do things little by little and on the right schedule. you can do it!
@4cuteboys (4103)
Actually I do like 2-4 loads pretty much every day! It's just unfortunate I have to wash for myself, and 4 kids! That's why I can't keep up. And so many clothes can fit in the little kids loads it stresses me out!
Before I answered this discussion I HAD to go and do a few things around my house so I didn't feel so guilty lol. I do find myself being on the computer more than I should, MyLot and a few other sites seem to rule my life right now lol.
@4cuteboys (4103)
LOL did it work? Do you feel less guitly?! hahaha, I put away 1/2 a load. Well it's bettter than nothin!
Nope didn't work, still feel guilty, well not really because I enjoy MyLot too much lol. Glad you got at least a half of load put away, I have 3 to fold still and on in the dryer that just finished.. it never ends!!
I think that I use mylot as an excuse not to do the housework. If I wasn't on here I would be doing something else to avoid it. I find housework really boring and only do it when it is really necessary.
@4cuteboys (4103)
lol you are so right, i was a pretty bad cleaner before i started with mylot, it's just my excuse now. LOL
I totally agree, I hate cleaning, but it does look nice after I get done for about 5 minutes than the kids undo all my hard work, so Mylot is my excuse lol.
oh gosh, me too! lol! it's so easy to sit on here for hours at a time, and i would much rather do this than clean the kitchen or do laundry!! plus we all sit in this room together, my hubby plays video games, my son plays (most his toys are in here), and the computer is in here, so i can keep an eye on everyone still...and yet we all kinda do our own thing. so i don't feel too guilty, until i know it's time to get some work done around here! lol!!
@crickethear (1420)
I get addicted here also. I have to remember though there are other things that are just as important, like family. Also if you neglect your other obligations like cleaning house and stuff like that, you are neglecting not only your family, but yourself too. It is important, that to continue with life as well. How can you enjoy being on here, when you aren't meeting and living your life?
@KrisNY (7609)
LOL-- Usually I'm the same way- Today I made sure I got everything finished before I sat here for a few mintues- It has been a busy busy day- Memorial day parade- cookouts. So I had to get flowers planted and finished the garden- did numerous loads of laundry! Of course not as many as you! But I hear you- I find myself here instead of tending to things that need to be done!
@honeyangel (1993)
ill admit my housework has slipped aswell lol i really need to get of my backside and get it done.
@lpipe0240 (1162)
I know what you mean. When ever there is a question of doing hose work or something fun, the fun usally ends up being done. Like the other day I was supposed to clean out the garage. But we went to yard sales instead. Now I am working little by little each day to clean the garage. In hind site, I should have cleaned the garage.
@Thoroughrob (11771)
I totally know how that goes. Time just flies buy while you sit here. I have started using a timer and make myself get things done.
@carlaabt (3508)
I spend a lot of time online now, too. To make sure I get my share of the housework done, I just do it when my son is up and playing! lol I don't bring him into the computer room with me very often, because my husband has been working on a remote control car in here, and he isn't all that great at putting stuff away. I don't want to mess with it and lopse anything, so I just keep the baby out for now. Now that the baby doesn't come in the computer room, my house is probably cleaner than it's been in months! lol I didn't realize before just how much time I spent on my computer, doing mylot and various other sites.
@Michele21 (3095)
I have the same problem!! I would rather be her on the computer typing away talking to people than cleanig my house! Or playing outside with my kids =) That is terrible I know, we are fixing to go outside and play in the water once it cools off a little bit...it is sooo hot!! But yeah overall myLot has made me really lazy!!
@sacmom (14336)
I'd have to say that mylot does help with me being a bad housewife. :P LOL But I'd be even a worse housewife if I had a full time job as NOTHING would get done then around here! LMAO
I'm guilty of that too LOL! Before I would attend to all the household chores quickly, but now that I have gotten addicted to myLot, the work just keeps piling up. We have to do something about this, find a cure on mylot addiction.
Does your husband help with any of the housework? If he took on half of it, you'd have more time for MyLot. You're not a bad housewife, you're just human, doing what you'd rather be doing. I think we'd all rather be on MyLot. ;-)