Cat Trained To Eat With A Fork

@Katlady2 (9925)
I had to watch this video a couple of times to make sure I wasn't seeing things. This cat is amazing. And too cute for words. Hmmmmm.....I wonder if I could teach my cats to do the same thing.....NAH! LOL http://www.evtv1.com/player.aspx?itemnum=7987
@pyewacket (43962)
Oh, and not only eating with a folk but chopsticks??---My that is one spoiled kitty...having a three course meal including dessert...LOL---I hope mine don't get any ideas...
@Katlady2 (9925)
I wouldn't let mine watch it. They would have been even more impossible to live with than they already are! LOL
That is just crazy! Our cats eat people food sometimes, but they'd never use a fork! They act like they're swimming when they drink out of their water bowl! That is one well trained cat.
@Katlady2 (9925)
I think if I tried to train my cats to eat like that, I would become a human pin cushion! LOL Thanks hon.
@sodapop (977)
ROFL! I had to watch this 3 times to believe it! I believe this lady has to much time on her hands. She should be volunteering to help feed nursing home patients if she can teach a cat to eat with a fork. Although, the ice cream did look good to me. Is it even healthy to feed a cat that kind of food? Maybe I should go and visit this lady...I can't eat with chopsticks...LOL
@Katlady2 (9925)
I'm lucky if I can even pick up one noodle with chopsticks. I am so jealous of that darned cat! LOL
@sodapop (977)
hmmm....I wonder if that lady could teach teenage boys the proper way to eat with a fork, spoon, and chopsticks...LOL...I can see it now..."If I can teach cats proper manners, I can teach you teens good manners. Order my book now and I will throw in for free, how to get your teenagers hands clean"....sorry got carried away...LOL
@gabs8513 (48803)
Wow well let me know if it works lol That is amazing though I wonder if I can teach Gissi this lol
@Katlady2 (9925)
Ummmmm.....Gissi with a fork.....I don't think he would take too kindly to that. Same goes for my cats. LOL
@gabs8513 (48803)
Well I guess not lol but I could get him back with that one lol
@brendalee (6086)
Okay, now I have seen everything. That was amazing. I know my cats aren't smart enough to learn to do that. They think forks are what you knock off the counter and bat around the floor, so some unexpecting barefooted person comes along and steps on it.lol.
@Katlady2 (9925)
ROFL! Mine do the exact same thing! And I swear they are laughing at me after I step on it too. LOL
@jazgottt (1181)
• Poland
Thanks for sharing this link with us, it's great video, especially for cat lovers like me:) This kitty is so cute and also clever. Cats are wonderful and I'm not surprised that this cat eats with fork. I have never seen something like this before, but still I'm not surprised;)
@Katlady2 (9925)
I was pretty impressed too. Cats are amazing creatures. And so full of surprises too. Thanks for the reply.
@Wanderlaugh (1625)
You can see where this is going: dinner sets for cats, restaurants for cats, good food guides for cats, Mylanta for cats, fast food deliveries for cats, Jenny Craig for cats... I can see a whole new range of service industries starting up. Their own waiters. (How would a cat give a tip, I wonder?) What intrigues me is that the cat has better table manners than some people. Maybe that's how this works out as a paying proposition: etiquette classes by cats for people. Could only help. Most of the people you see in restaurants would be pretty mentally challenged with the technicalities of eating from a bowl on the floor. This would be a step up for them. One minor situation, though. If cats get that much more advanced, what do they need people for, apart from providing the amenties? We're supposed to be the tool users. I know they've been doing a good job of domesticating the human race, but this is starting to look like planned obsolescence. At this rate, they'll be keeping people as pets. Vets will have to make appointments with them. When the aliens get here, it'll be "Welcome to the planet Rowrrrr".
@Katlady2 (9925)
ROFL! Haaaahahahahaha! You have given me a good laugh hon. I could just see all of that happening too. But I think kitties would turn up their noses and whiskers at using tools associated with menial labor. We are, after all, their slaves you know (at least according to them). LOL
LOL. Oh, yeah...she won't divulge how she taught the cat to do that... I can tell you - you'd have to put a large Victorian collar on the cat so that it couldn't reach its food. Then he'd have to scoop the food to his mouth with his paw. Then, you'd have to attach the fork to the paw...and I'm guessing a rubber band might do it. Get the cat used to the rubber band, and weeeeee....it looks like the cat is eating with the utensil, but she's really just scooping just like cats do wit their paws, only with an extension. I...find...that...weird. And so is that lady. Fruity as a cake. But morbidly funny, I guess, 'cause I too, laughed while watching her clean the cat's paws. Eeeeek!
@Katlady2 (9925)
Yeah....like my cats would let me put them through all of that! NOT! LOL I agree that it was a bit peculiar, but you have to admit that it is pretty unique and funny as all get out! Thanks hon.
@Anakata2007 (1789)
All I can say is that this woman's husband must be the most patient man in the world. Mine woudlnt' take too kindly to me letting the cat eat at the table. However, when she was singing "this is the way we wash our paws" I just had to laugh my head off. It's cute but kind of weird too.