Do you think this might happen?

@totty1969 (1474)
Do you think that the U.S. will be in a recession by the end of the year?
@Debs_place (10551)
Given the oil prices and the fact that it will affect people's travel plans and in the winter, people will have to continue to cut back to pay for heat bills, I would say that it is a definite possibility. I know when I bought my minivan 9 years ago, each month I set aside $100 for gas. Many months I had money left over. Now, it is over $60 to get a fill up - as a result, I am spending less money on other things.
@Debs_place (10551)
I should also add, that the way many companies are offshoring jobs mean that there are less people employed or fully employed in this country, again more money not being spent because it just isn't there.
@totty1969 (1474)
Good Point. Prices have spiked everywhere. And there isn't enough money to do extra. I see it in the future. It's too bad. Thanx for your response!
@ssh123 (31104)
What goes up comes down. It is an economic function to have a recession and the economy gets itself set to it and with monetary corrections, it bounces back to normaly and have a tremendous growth thereafter. In case of US, there are a lot of wasteful expenses like unnecessary wars, aid to undeveloped and developing countries. Unemployment is going to ramphant due to outsourcing of major activities including production of cars etc. as a result people in the country find it hard to get jobs and depend on the nation for allowances. Being a free economy, it allows all sorts of things to be imported including cars. It is not sufficient to produce very high tech products in their own country, it is better to look for production of goods and services what countrymen require, so that everyone is fruitfully employed.