Illegal to sing in the streets...??..

@Marie2473 (8523)
Sweden
Here in Sweden I think that it is illegal for people to stand or sit in a corner (or somewhere else) in the streets singing with a hat infront of them for us to put change in.. unless they have a permit to do this. I also think that all other preformances is illegal... This for me is strange since I more or less always enjoy listening to them and they make it interesting. I do not think that they bother anyone since they usually have a talent in what they are doing.. Instead I want to forbid all the people that attack you, trying to convincer you to joing their organistations and pay them a mothly fee to help save the children, the abused, the starving and so on. I am already a member of an organisation liek this and when I joined I did it by my self, It was not forced on me. These people will not take no for an answer but keep following you. they do not even care if u are on the phone and to be honest they annoy me ALOT. I agree - we should help the world, but I do belive that more people would help if they did not try to force them into it with all their tactics... So what do you think?
@FrancyDafne (2051)
Well.... What do I think? You are right when you say that nobody should try to force us to do something. I'm a libertarian person and so I think that everybody should choose what to do. But I think there is nothing bad if someone stops you in the street and asks you if you want make a subscription to his/her organization. The most important thing is that everybody should be kind and respectful. It's very strange that in your country you can't sit in a corner a sing. Sverige is a very free country, so to me it's strange what you tell us, very strange....
@Marie2473 (8523)
• Sweden
Yeah it is a free country but I am guessing that we also have to have rules *lol* I agree that it would be ok if they just asked you once in a while of u wanted to join, however they attack you as soonn as you enter the citycenter and there are sooo many of them =)
Well Marie, I agree with you, rules are important and I can understand also what you mean when you say: "they attack you as soonn as you enter the citycenter and there are sooo many of them", infact I've just been in the main square of my little town and some of them "attacked me", but I think that we have to have a lot of patience living in our society....
@charms88 (7546)
Here in my country, most of this organization can be seen inside the mall. As far as I'm concerned, I'm the one who approached one of the organization. Its about sponsoring a child by paying a minimal fee every month. The staff are very courteous. Fortunately, I haven't encountered anything like yours. I know I will be annoyed whenever one of this organization will follow me everywhere.
@Marie2473 (8523)
• Sweden
That is my point. If i want to donate I will, and i will approach them, but when they are hunting you, you kind of loose the will. i am a member of an organisation and I donate every month... but I do not need people chasing me around *lol*
I agree with you we should keep people like that from soliciting us things on our own time, its just ridiculous. Here in america its reall bad to, they literally chase you through the mall. I cannot believe the odasity of some of these workers, its like if they don't attack us they'll die. I also want to put a stop to this, its just so iritating. Can't they just leave us alone, and let the people sing.
@Marie2473 (8523)
• Sweden
Yeah, they are really pushy and I hate it. When i go to the mall i sometimes do it to relax and sometimes I am also very stressed. Either way i do not wanna be harrassed!
@laltu86 (1253)
No its not illegal to sing in the road side in my country, India . I also feel it must not be banned in anywhere in the world because all he/she is doing is singing . I dont simply see any reason for such a law in your country.