Should newspaper be free?

@caesarin (1091)
Indonesia
I don't read newspaper daily though I believe almost everyone read it daily. I usually read the headlines only and grab the whole story from TV news. Yes, Iike to know about the news from TV than papers. Last month there's a debate in a radio station about newspaper as a media to provide the news for the public. It was mentioned that somewhere in Europe, maybe England, there are newspaper for free. And the speakers agree that newspapers should be costless because newspaper can earn from ads. In my country, almost every house read newspapers everyday and they pay for it monthly. But how about those from mid-low class that has to be careful with their expenses? So I think I agree that people should made free newspaper like TV, we don't pay for the TV station. Only for the electricity. These media can earn from ads. What do you think?
I dont think that newspapers should be free. because they put in a lot of efforts to print out just one copy of it. They have to work throughout the night. And even the cost of the newspaper is not all that very high, it can be afforded by almost anyone. So, if we can pay for it, why demand for it for free. Where are we going to use that much amount anyway.
@caesarin (1091)
In my country, newspaper are not main priority. People don't read as much as people in countries like US, countries in Europe because books are expensive, so as newspapers. I appreciate the efforts to result a newspaper but from social service point of view, publishers should consider to reach those that can't afford buying newspapers. Thanks for sharing.