Do Your Problems Make You Cinder Or A Metal That Refuses To Be Consumed?

There are two things you can do when problems arise. You can let them pull you down or you can let them make you stronger. Here is something I got in my email that is worth giving some thought to. I like to think of myself as a person that is metal that refuses to be consumed. "You can come out of the furnace of trouble two ways: if you let it consume you, you come out a cinder; but there is a kind of metal which refuses to be consumed, and comes out a star." -- Jean Church ******************************************************************** The next time a problem arises, think of it as a call for you let more light out. Its only reason for occurring is so that you might shine. What's so bad about that?
@byfaithonly (10716)
Wonderful message for all to remember - for the most part I am a 'metal' person but have to admit there are occassionally times when I feel like cinder - just have to shake it off and move forward.
I am not constantly a metal person but for the most part I am. But there have been a couple of situations that I had come close to throwing in the towel. I didn't but I came awful close. I think that more than likely quite a few people come under both catagories it all depends on the situation. Thanks for responding, dear friend.
@byfaithonly (10716)
Oh I know, right now I am so much bordering on 'cinder' but keep telling myself - God has a plan for me and He won't put more on me than I can handle. That keeps me going because it seems every day something else is thrown at me but I don't want to let Him down, He's done so very much for me.
@gberlin (3836)
Very good thoughts. I like that. Everything in life really has only 2 choices. A negative choice where you let your problems get you down or a positive choice where you confront your problems and come up with a solution. You know the saying, "When life hands you lemons make lemonade!" That is looking at the positive.
I agree with you. If you let yourself you can pull yourself into a hole because of a problem and have a hard time coming back out again or you can meet your problem head on and say I am stronger than you and you will not defeat me.
I am without a doubt metal. I refuse to let any type of problem consume me.
Thanks for your response. It is good to know. Sometimes there are people who will become cinder because the problems are to hard for them to handle.