Do you immediately touch your ears when you touch something hot

Singapore
I notice that people touch their ears immediately when they touch something hot. I don't understand why they do so. Could it be their reflex reaction? Personally I will blow my fingers if I touch something hot.
@jlara_gtr34 (3492)
hi there. i dont immediately touch my ears when i touch something hot and i havent really seen anyone do that. when i see someone touching a very hot surface, he or she usually screams or pulls away from that object. lolz. as for me, when i touch something hot, my initial reaction is to pull my hand away from the hot object and rinse my hand with cold, running water. lolz. :)
Thanks for your response. What if there is no water available what would you do?
well, im one of those people :) when i touch something hot, i immediately hold my ears,specifically the lower lobe or the one where we usually pierce for earrings). it is not a reflex action but because someone taught me once when i was small that if i touch something hot, i just have to hold my ears with the same hand that touched the hot object so it will cool off faster..i think it's rather effective..