Would you come to your ex's wedding

Lets suppose he sent you an invitation for his coming wedding. Would you come inspite of the fact that you still love him? Do you think you can have the resolve to watch him taking that girl to the altar who was supposed to be you?
When I remarried, I did not invite my ex. He is getting married this weekend, coincidentally, and did not invite me. He did mention having our kids attend his wedding (although they'd have to fly across the country to do so) but they scheduled it right in the middle of the kids' final exam period at school so there's no way they could travel right now. We sent a gift and card and wished them well. I think that's adequate for the situation. In the hypothetical situation you describe... assuming I had an ex I was still in love with, who was marrying someone else... I don't think I could bring myself to go and have my heart broken by watching him commit to another. I am the first to wish another person happiness -- and would do so in this situation too... just not AT the wedding.
@Bytemi (1553)
My Ex and I have a child so yes I would go, we have had to develop a type of friendship for our daughters sake. The way I look at it, is he took me to the alter and it did not work out and because I love him, I want him to be happy, so yes, I would go and give him support and congradulations.
@meatiitr (365)
yeah definitely i would go to bless her 4 the rest of her life.. it doesn't matter that the relationship didn't work out between us, she would still remain a good friend of mine as a person, and its our moral obligation to be with our ex at such important juncture of life
@EvanHunter (4028)
Well I have to admit me and my X are alot better as friends than a couple I was very bitter for a long time but when you have kids together you have to put that bitterness aside for whats best for the kids. I didnt get invited to either of her two weddings after ours...lol. But I probably wouldnt have went anyways since we arent that good of friends more like just civil to each other.
he wouldn't invite me.he'd be too afraid of what i'd say to her LOL honestly,it wouldn't bother me if he got married.but i wouldn't go,simply because i'm still annoyed at him for a number of other things.
@jencai (3415)
I'm sure I would not be able to accept even his invitation. It's not because I've not accepted what happened to our relationship but I just feel awkward for it. Maybe it could be possible if we became friends after our seperation. But it's not usual for such relationship to happen. Most people tend to forget everything from the past and even don't want to see the person anymore. I guess it's happening to me right now, lol! But in different case, one of my suitor before would like me to become his bridesmaid this year. I admit that before he court me I have that special feelings for him but tend not to show anyhow. As he courted me I started to lose the feelings I have for him, don't know why and how? I talk to that person and tell him frankly to forget everything about me because I don't feel the same way with him. My ex-suitor just live beside our house so I don't have the choice but to see him everyday. After some years I've seen him going out with a girl who's her sister's previous classmate. I'm happy for him because finally she found the right girl for him. Last month he ask me to be their bridesmaid this year. I did not answer anything because I don't feel comfortable with it. Should I go or not? What do you think?
One of my exes and I are actually pretty good friends, still. And my wife is very comfortable with her, so I definitely would go to the wedding. She's been a great friend to me through the time I've known her and we just aren't couple material. But her and I are still very good friends. There is no way I would let any feelings get in the way, it's not like that between us. I actually have met her last boyfriend and he's a great guy, better for her than I was. I am very happy with my wife, so it's no big deal.