Strange Message on Mylot.

@Jshean20 (14367)
I've been getting really frustrated these past few times on mylot because upon finishing a well thought out discussion idea/post, I recieve the message "unable to post content. please modify your text to only include letters, numbers, and standard punctuation". After recieving this message, I lose my post and must try to remember what I wrote all over again. Trying to avoid a situation where I have to write it all over again, I will often highlight the reponse and copy it, so I can paste if need be. This has been a bit of a pain because my messages only include numbers, standard punctuation and letters. Am I the only one experiencing this? If not, how often do you see such a message?
@shambuca (2560)
No i haven't had that happen but in the begining i used to get a message about the content of the text only because i didn't check the box for adult language. What happens to me mostly is I will type 2 paragraphs and then hit enter and mylot says its updating its page and I lose everything.
@babystar1 (4236)
That would make me a little mad also. I did not try to post anything today,but I sure hope mylot fixes the problem. Did you contact mylot to let them no about this problem? Good luck.
Any number of things can cause that kind of response. improper words, a complicated link to an outside page, a non normal symbol typed by accident, an internet brain fart, or simple caching error on your side. IT sucks mightly when you lose your post, I gave up on an entire discussion I was going to post because it kept having issues.
@tess1960 (2386)
I have not had this experience but I have had where I leave a long thought out response and after hitting post response I am told to sign it (which I already was) and then it's gone. I too try to copy my longer responses now before hitting post response. Just one more detail to remember.
@melanie652 (2525)
I've had that happen to me before too, but it hasn't happened recently. It was especially frustrating before I reached 500 posts, so I couldn't do a copy and paste. Now that I'm well past that 500 mark, I do a copy and paste like you do.
yeah.. Certain words are inside mylots word filter, some I've noticed are perfect words which aren't bad but it allows various rude words which others have used to insult people. Strange huh? ~Joey
@pelo26 (1553)
I haven't. Why, are you using any non-standard text formats or characters in your discussions?
@mimpi1911 (25454)
no, i haven't experienced this as of now but similar things happened while uploading images. but that's being less harsh i could get on with it. it's indeed annoying and this would have become very down. i think the best thing would be to copy paste the whole thing in Ms word before posting. i do it as i cannot trust my internet connection which can put me off anytime. thanx.
Been there, done that. That is what I do to hand it. Copy and paste.
@Norstar (695)
It has never happened to me any time. There was a problem of contents not getting posted, may be due to slow speed and hence, Gateway Timeout problems but I never received this kind of a message. Are you using some strange characters in your contents? Yes, if the contents are lost, you feel really frustrated. It takes lot of efforts and time to prepare contents for posting and if they get lost while posting, it is very sad and frustating.
I have yet to see this message only once, however I will pay closer attetion to posting and responding to see if I get it more often. Maybe a glich or a problem, I'm not sure. Have you asked mylot admin about it yet? If so maybe they can fix the problem or tell you what's wrong with your posts.