President Issued Directive Siezing AllPower In Emergency

@worldwise1 (14887)
One way that I keep up with what's going on in the political world is through talk-radio. Since I've heard this story twice since last weekend, just thought I would throw it out there to see what you fellow MyLotters think. It seems that Mr. Bush, has issued a directive authorizing him to seize control of all power in case of ANY emergency situation. This was reported by Jerome Corsi who writes for World Net Daily on Coast To Coast Am afew nights ago, and again tonight on the Michael Savage show. The question is how could he do this without even going to congress with the proposal? One other thing that came to light is that the Haliburton Company has been commissioned to build a huge number of housing camps scattered all over the US , and the purpose for these has not been identified. Is anyone concerned about this other than myself?
@shestalou (293)
Yes this is very scary, slowly but surely he is taking away peoples rights, Bush once said himself the constitution is just a stupid piece of paper and another quote from Bush, it would be a hell of a lot easier if this was a dictatorship as long as I am the dictator.
study bush very well. he seems to be an honest and trustworthy guy. he seems to be selfless. he has said that he is fine with the dictatorship if he is the dictator because, he believes that he is a fine leader and he can see the country through even in great emergencies. i can the cause of the alarm though, it is so hard to put all our trust in one man alone to run a country so huge as the united states.
i am not an american but, i hope that you will welcome my view on this. if the president is somebody you can fully trust to do good and make the right decisions at all critical moments, this must not be such a cause for concern. in fact, this should have a calming effect on the citizenry. if you can recall, generalissisimo franco had to seize spain and run it with an iron hand to get the country back into its trail of being a world power to reckon with. he was successful in so doing. spain is so lucky to have a leader like him come forward in the days most needed. let us pray that president bush is also such a leader.
i agree we have to trust our president democracy dosent always work for the losers but both sides are americans and need to trust each other without weakening our OWN country!
@agfarm (930)
World wise...Fantastic report!!! I was unaware of any of this information , and I thought I was pretty much " On top " of my Political Game . Here's a head Scratcher....wasn't he also in Charge When Hurricane Katrina Hit ??? Exactly what does this measure help... anyone??? I mean....after all ...he was President when that happened. As for Haliburton....My God....that's just freightning.
I happen to be in on this and know how it works first the problem would A kill congress B make it impossible to communicate with them. Only then could he control the country however basic rights are still in act so freedom of speech and others are not affected like they say. In the end once a new congress is in working condtion and the goverment is somewhat stable he losses all that power wich isnt realy that much. mainly he can then declare war,launch nukes and set up holding camps ( I think thats a good Idea!)
@gewcew23 (8011)
News Flash: It is a constitutional power that is given to the president. Maybe you have heard of it, it is called Martial Law you can find it in the US Constitution. I don't have to go to a radio show to find that out. I learned that in 5th grade. Every president not just Bush has this power. If you have a problem with it you can fight to get the constitution changed, but our founding fathers put that in for a reason. Maybe they are going to house the illegal aliens in those houses. Or since you heard it on coast to coast with art belle it might be the martians.