Low-Fat stuffed shells recipe

@VotreAmie (3037)
Today I am into Italian food recipes. This is from my book Great Taste - Low Fat - Pasta. I already posted two of the favorite dishes in our house. This is another one of them. Remember, you don't need to follow the recipe 100% 24 large pasta shells (10 ounces) 2 teaspoons olive oil 2 garlic cloves, minced 1 red bell pepper, finely diced 1 carrot, finely chopped 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese 1 cup low-fat (1%) cottage cheese 1/2 teaspoon sugar 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 14 1/2-ounce can stewed tomatoes,chopped with their juices Two 8-ounce cans no-salt-added tomato sauce 2 tablespoons no-salt-added tomato paste 1. Heat a large pot of water to boiling, and cook the pasta shells until just tender. Drain well, rinse under cold water, and drain again. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400F. 2. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil until hot but not smoking over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the bell pepper and carrot and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables have softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the spinach and mint and cook until the spinach is heated through, about 3 minutes lobger. Transfer to a large bowl and cool slightly. Stir in the ricotta, cottage cheese, sugar, salt, and black pepper. 3. In a 13*9-inch baking dish, stir together the stewed tomatoes with their juices, tomato sauce and tomato paste. Spoon the cheese mixture into a pastry bag with no tip attached (or use a sturdy plastic bag). Pipe the cheese mixture into the shells and place the shells on top of the sauce in the baking dish. 4. Spoon some of the sauce over the shells, cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10 minutes longer, or until the shells are piping hot. Place the stuffed shells in 4 shallow bowls, spoon some sauce on top, and serve. Suggested accompaniement: A green salad with mushrooms in a balsamic vinaigrette.
@gewcew23 (8011)
Wow you are on an Italian run today ;) But that is ok because I am loving it. I know I said this before but you are really helping me get excited about my diet again. Thank you soooo much. You are really sweet to post all of these. Take care.
@VotreAmie (3037)
Yes I was yesterday lol I love Italian food and my husband too loves eating pasta. Take care too! Do post your recipes for soap, candles and the bubble baths and oil. I love your recipes too! Thank you for sharing with us.