Brain tumor - To remove or not??

@1qazxsw2 (512)
Singapore
Hi Members My partner is inflicted with brain tumor and causing her to have frequent bouts of headache. During her pregnancy, we found she had meningioma ad it was causing her to have blurred vision. The swelling of her body during pregnancy caused the tumor to swell and press on her optic nerves. She had gone for a radiotherapy to remove the tumor but was unsuccessful! We want to have another baby but fear the risk of the tumor swelling and causing other risks. Anyone of you have such experiences and advice?Thanks
@mimpi1911 (25454)
this is sad!! i think the neurosurgeons will be able to give you a better picture. my mother has had a brain tumor operated 10 years back when we went through a traumatic time. but hers was a benign one and luckily everything went fine. malignant tumor has different options though. i think an oncosurgeon can guide you better. see one immediately. trust me, with so many techlonogies coming up you never know what's going to happpen when!! good luck!
@1qazxsw2 (512)
Thanks for the advice. Hers is benign except that it is located at the nerve center and the doc says too risky to be operated and to have another baby as well. The tumor itself may become malignant one day. She is living with a time bomb! Seeing her down the painkillers everytime makes me feel sad and loss. We want another kid now that my only son is 5 and lonely.
@mimpi1911 (25454)
hi dear! even my mom's was on the nerves and her olfactory nerves that is the sense of smell doesn't work now. she can't smell anything but then that's far better than losing sight, which the doctor had presumed. i know you and your family is going through tough times now. but i am sure, since its a benign one, you will get over it. however, consider the child issue once more, more seriously. good luck.
@1qazxsw2 (512)
Thx for the comfort. We are glad to have a healthy boy though and he has been our pillar of strength....When he is older we'll tell him why he hasn't a kid bro or sis.