Why you dont prefer a Face to Face interview?

@Coolgeth (1215)
Now a days people are not at all prefering to attend a face to face interview they need only telephonic interview.Why do you think that this happen? Are they lack of confidence? Are they not skill full? What is the reason?
@friendship (2085)
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.... Job seekers can't choose what kind interview they have to go through. I think a phone interview is only a preliminary selection. If a hiring manager or a recruiter likes a candidate based on the phone interview, a company can ask him/her to come for a face to face interview.
@Coolgeth (1215)
Some people will query before applying..Whether it is a F2F or a telephonic interview.If its only a telephonic interview they will apply else they will pass it.
Oh, I didn't know what commong things in your country were.
@loujac3 (1188)
I think this is a good idea! This way you are not judged on looks, but on skills. There is not age discrimination or gender discrimination. I work in the hardware business and the number one issue I have is that men doubt that a woman is capable of giving plumbing or electrical advice. I have been in this business for many years and it is still a discrimination issue. I have male manager and a female manager. The male is always more favorable toward the men employees and shows favoritism to them. Let a woman do the same thing as a male employee and she will hear the first word. The male will go on as if nothing happened. And they wonder why women get upset over equality? My last male boss gave me a bad review because of things said by male employees. He never checked it out or came down on the work floor to observe the interaction between employees. He also played favorites. It really is true that women have to work twice as hard as men to get the equal rights and benefits!
Yes, this is an advantage of having a phone interview. They may not be able to judge you based on looks, ages, race, etc.