What was your first job?

@Gumball (793)
Mine was that I was a waitress in a chinese restaurant. I sucked so bad at it that I only lasted one day. :D I was hired on a Thursday, worked on Friday (next day) and fired the day after that on Saturday. LOL The only good perks about the job was that I made a good friend and got free food from them the next 2 weeks. All I had to do was go in to visit my friend while she was working (also a waitress) and she'd have the owner make me whatever dish I wanted. I got hooked on Moo Goo Gai Pan thanks to that place. :D Funny thing, I never understood why they even bothered to hire me in the first place - the place closed 2 weeks later when it was sold!
@fatragu (349)
My first job I was in the 9th grade and worked as a cashier person at Hardees. This was back before they changed everything to Angus beef and they still had the All Star and Super Star burgers. I wish that they hadn't switched because I can't eat the Angus beef for some reason. I still wouldn't mind having a job in the fast food industry because I think that it is fun.
@filmbuff (2909)
I worked fast food for about a month and swore I would never do it again. I'm surprised that you had fun doing it, I hated it so much.
@crazynurse (7489)
Wow. GReat trip down memory lane! My very first job was at age 15. Through a friend of my parents I got a job at the local hospital. I delivered meal trays to patients during the evening meal! I did that for a year and then got a job at Baskin Robbins Ice Cream. I loved that job! Smelling and looking at the ice cream all day made me dislike it..so it helped me to lose weight! Ha! Sadly, I have grown to lvoe it again! Perhaps I should quit my job as a nurse and go back to Baskin Robbins!? Ha!
@Gumball (793)
Sounds like when I was a cook at Waffle House once. :) (Another one that lasted one day) I had to make omelets all day and got so sick of looking at eggs, I couldn't eat one for a year after that. I like food too much so I stay away from food service jobs now. :)
@gabs8513 (48716)
Mine was a shop assistant in a small shop which I did not enjoy at all lol Then I went to nursing which I gave up as I was to soft in feelings as a nurse
@pinks0da (328)
Mine was as an Internet Cafe attendant while I was in college. That was a part time job and I had so much fun! I met a lot of friends and from then on I never stopped working :). That thought me to value money.
@rangics (1335)
My first job was in a fastfood chain as a cashier. It's actually a part-time job for me because I was still a student at that time. I really had a great experience there. I've met a lot of friends too. ;)
@filmbuff (2909)
I was 12 when I had my first job. I sold newspaper subscriptions door to door for the local newspaper. It was actually kind've fun and decent money for being that age. I think I averaged around $30-40 a day for about 4 hours work, more on the weekends.
My first job was at our local public library. I worked there as a student helper. Basically, dusting off books, putting them on a cart and reshelving them. It was the worst job ever! Since I was only 15, I didn't have a car or even my drivers license and I was always late to work or couldnt make it to work. It would take me like an hour if I walked! and the bus only came every 1 1/2 hours, so I ended up getting fired! But every job since then has worked out pretty good!
My first job was as a silver service waitress in a posh hotel I was 16 years old and very clumsy lots of plates and glassess dropped but my crowning glory was during a large wedding when I was rotered to serve the top table bride, groom etc. I did a fantastic job lol in dropping roast duck and gravy all down the brides designer dress, funny but I never served another wedding after that.
@omupas (1243)
My first job was at the mall at Footaction, USA (a shoe store). I was hired there at 15 and worked their for 2 years. I liked it a lot at the time, the people I worked with were great and I got to interact with people everyday. At 15 it really didn't feel like much of a job at all (except for inventory days when we would sit in the back room and count every single shoe box by hand).
@raijin (10373)
I was a kitchen crew from a local food chain here in the philippines, I loved working there and I learned alot from it also. Cleanliness, and awareness are the things that got stuck with me. If I can do things right away, then I should not let an hour pass without prioritizing it. I also loved mingling with people, giving service to them with a smile. Until now, I get to practice those things even while at home. It really helped me and my personality, a good habit in living a healthy life.
@RenaeT (688)
That's crazy!! My very first paid job was at 14 years old, working as a weeder in a carnation greenhouse. My friend and I both got hired. We were such goofballs, the second day we were there, we were sitting there, in the flower beds pulling weeds and once in a while, we'd accidently pull up a carnation plant, (they were seedlings)I'd look up at Deb and hold it in the air saying, "OOOOPS Deb, LOOK!!" and we'd laugh and laugh . . . the only problem was, there was another boy that worked in the same area as we did. . . he must have told on us because when we showed up for work the next day, they told us they didn't need us after all. :) So, we went to another greenhouse and got jobs as carnation Disbudders. These beds of flowers were full grown and blooming. It was our job to stand on a board that served as a bridge between the raised beds of flowers and pull off any of the buds that grew on the main stem. You know, the little buds on the sides of a carnation stem. . . we pulled them off and put them in an apron that we wore, when the apron was full, we went outside and dumped them on a huge pile of other buds. We lasted the whole summer there! My first GOOD job was at a little restaurant called the Millhouse. I was 15. (the next summer) I was there till I got out of highschool. I stayed a waitress until I was 39 years old!!! I worked in all kinds of restaurants, but mostly the nice family style Denny type places. I worked for Denny's for 8 years, even went into management for a spell. (spell of insanity)LOL!!!
@OURDEW (4812)
My first job was a cashier at a dime store called G.C. Murphy's. I worked there for a couple of years while I was in high school. I had several different jobs there, but I started out as a cashier. My best friend and I both worked there and has so much fun.
@Gumball (793)
I'm not sure where I've seen one, but G.C. Murphy's sounds familiar to me. Was it a regional chain store?
@OURDEW (4812)
I'm not really sure, but I think it was. G.C. Murphy's was just like Woolworths. Have you ever heard of Woolworths?
@Gumball (793)
I loved Woolworths! I miss that store. Where I live now, we used to have 2 stores - one downtown and one in the mall. The downtown store even had a lunch counter. Then it caught fire and burned to the ground before the fire dept. could get it covered in time. Fire started in the night and the building was burning so heavily that the smoke could be seen all over town after it got light outside. I used to go in there sometimes just to hunt around and see what I could find. They had stuff in there that hadn't been seen on the market for over 25 years. LOL
@mummymo (23707)
I worked in a chip shop when I first started high school! I would go there straight from school and get dinner during my break (so healthy!) The money wasn't great but hey I was only 12/13 and it was a lot better than the pocket money I got!
@fly_shay (333)
My first job was a service crew in a fastfood chain.I was a college stude then.I like the idea of working and studying..When I got my first salary???????I was sooo happy because it's my first time and I can buy something which I won't be asking an amount from my parents...
cashier.....my first job was as a cashier in a pastry shop it was next to baskin & robins and i loved my job at first i worked there for 3 months i had just turned 17 and needed my pocket money badly was too embarassed to ask my mom for my expenses and i really had to work hard at my work place.. I'd say my first job experience taught me everything i was a girl who believed in everything and mostly good my job changed my lookout on life and showed me how i'm supposed to be when people and that i need a little maturing and very little trusting even if they are colleagues.. Well the good thing was the job came with free meals and free transport and a very good 3 month training programme which took me a long way in my hardworking career and i'm so happy i went for it at such an early age.. Now i have the confidence to do all kinds of job that crosses my path i am currently with a shipping company and have also worked for Compaq Computers and donea fair bit of travelling. Good and bad memories both..
I was an freelance teacher, teaching math and sience to elementary kids in their house. It was hypactive kids, they running around and only can sit nicely for hald an hour, after that they running around and moved pointer clock forward to fasten the schedule. The parents loved me but the kids are hard, I only stand for 1 month ^o^ then i do freelance drafter in a consultant.
@tamskie (388)
my first job was when i was first year high school. i was 12 years old that time. i tried working in the ticket booth in an ecological sanctuary where my mother used to work before as a manager of a shop. well it was fun because they paid us right.
@jothis (519)
i joined as office administrator for computer firm and now i am a reservation executive in a three star hotel time make the difference time can change anything except time
My very first job was teaching preschoolers. I find it so interesting yet very critical. Imagine I am handling the future of the children because it was the foundation of education. I need to have a lot of patience, hard work and dedication. Actually I realized that teaching was not just a job but it was a service. I teaching my students sincerely and with dedication. I love children and I used to take care of them inside the class. A teacher must be flexible and past learner. I used to dance and sing so that the class will be lively and the children will participate actively.
@Sir_bobby88 (8245)
My first job was actually tearing newspaper articles for my friend father yea ... it was a one day job at a newspaper printing factory and i had to stayed inside a container to tear newspaper for secondary schools users yea ...