What do you do for a living?

I am a stay at home mom with 2 beautiful children, and I am also a nurse. I have been a nurse for 20 yrs only work every fri and sat night so I can stay home with my kids. I also have a ebay store, and ecrater store, where I sell jewelry made by myself and vintage pieces from estate sales. How about you all what is your profession? Why did you choose that profession? Are you happy in your job?
@creematee (2810)
HI Melissaruth! I, too, am a SAHM. I have an 8, 6 and a 3 year old. They are the hardest job I ever had. I love sewing, though, and am trying to think of a way to put my craft to work for me, so I can earn some extra cash. I know there are plenty of places out there for me to sell my "art" I just need to do it. (Procrastination is my biggest advisary!)
Yes motherhood is definately the hardest and most rewarding job I have ever had. Good luck selling your items
@3lilangels (4639)
i am a stay at home mom with a 36 month old and 25 month old twins.and i am also a hairdresser for 15 years.i had my own shop for 6 years and then i had to sell because my friend,which was my shop partner moved and i ended up getting married and had kids,so i really needed the money.as much as i loved it my family was so much more important,and i can always have another shop down the road,which i do plan on having in a few years.but i still do hair at home,i dont know how i manage it but i do.i also sell stuff on ebay for some extra cash for my family,which i do very well so far.so right now in my life i am very happy for the choses i have made and what god has given me
Wow you are a busy woman, with them young ones. I too sell my jewelry on ebay, did well this year, and work part time on weekends as a nurse. Good luck getting your new shop. I would love a little jewelry boutique someday
I am working at a homebuilding company.It is a very busy work.There are a lot of design plans to do.At the daytime I am always very busy and often very tired .I am afraid that when I get married and have kids myself I will not have time to look after my kids.I am thinking of going to further education and finding a easy work.Now I am begining to learn in my spare time.Ii will be very hard fot me to do that.But in order to live a easy life I will try my best.
Good luck to you
@4cuteboys (4102)
I stay at home too. Working towards my degree in early elementary education. I want to teach K-2 or so. I stay home now so I can be with my little ones. Once my youngest who isn't even born yet turns 2ish, I want to work full time, I get stir crazy being home, but I do it because I would be worried all day long about them and the cost isn't really practical .
I always thought maybe i would like being a teacher. Have you ever thought of doing your early education on line and then maybe open a daycare of your own. That way you have your education and can stay home with your little ones too. I sent my son to daycare until he was about 3 and it was awful. It was very expensive and not at all cost effective, when i finally found one that was affordable she abused my son. So I have no intentions of ever sending my kids to daycare again. I would rather live in a box undr a bridge somewhere
@gr8life (6253)
I am a government servant. I have been with the company for the last 8 years. I do feel my job is a bit boring and monotonous. I feel like quitting but due to some reasons, I can't do that for now. I wish that I can stay at home and take care of my little baby boy. I have been thinking to work for another 2-3 years and quit after that. Right now, I am looking for work at home job.
Getting a work at home job is tuff, because its hard to find one that is legit. I have been trying for some time so I wouldnt have to work out of the house at all. My jewelry stores have been fair to partly cloudy as far as being successful. At least I am making a profit now. I worked full time when I had my son, then when I had my daughter i went to only two nights a week. We live on a very strict budget and it is tuff, but it is worth it to be home with them. Good luck to you