Campaign contributions

@estherlou (5020)
We've all heard of th $500 plate dinners for fund-raisers. What about the cocktail party and handshake after you donate $100,000? John Edwards stopped in Salt Lake City for 2 hours! My gosh! The ultra-rich have the opportunity to totally change our future. Is that a scary thought?
@shestalou (293)
The rich get richer the poorer gets poorer, that is how politics seems to work, the more they spend on a campaign the more favors they hand out in return to their money supporters.
Must be how he is going to pay for his $400 haircuts, now that he cannot claim them as campaign expenses. I am disturbed by how great an influence the wealthy have on campaigns.
@jillhill (37384)
Yes and think of what they could do with that money if they put it to a good use for helping someone out like donating part of it to Aids research, or paid for something like health insurance for a family for a year.....pretty sad when it's a competition to see how much they can spend on campaigning.
edwards need the money so he can keep getting his $400 haircuts
@sigma77 (5385)
I don't believe anyone, rich or not has the power to change my future. That is for me alone, with the assistance of the Creator. If I had that kind of money to toss around, no way would I waste it on campaign funding. You might as well burn it. I would go out and find 50 deserving people that really needed $2,000 for something and give it away. The people in power may make cosmetic changes to the way we are governed, but I still have the choice to live my life from the inside out. As does everyone else.
@Lydia1901 (16354)
Well, I wish he can throw that money my way because it will come in handy. I wish I can run into him someday and see if he hands me something.