Do you get mesmerized by commercials?

@estherlou (5026)
I was watching a movie I had taped earlier. I caught myself just sitting there and watching the commercials! When I realized what I was doing, I thought DUH! Fast forward! and rolled my eyes! Do you ever catch yourself doing dumb stuff like that?
@KarenO52 (2951)
I do that all the time. I'll be watching a show I taped, and forget to fast forward the commercials. Then when I watch something not on tape, I grab the remote to fast forward it, and realize I'm not watching a tape.
@Katlady2 (9925)
I think it's become a way of life in my house! LOL You know it's bad when you can turn down the volume on the tv and actually do the whole commercial yourself. I will not only zone out on the tv commercials, but also on the commercials on the radio. Certain ones come on, and I catch myself staring at a spot on the wall, just listening to the words coming out of the speakers.
I am certainly not mesmerized by them but I do watch either to think they are cute, stupid, or made for idiots or at least the pople who make them think the viewing public has an IQ of about 10.
@jillhill (37354)
Yes on the days when I am overtired! I can be a total space cadet. And some of the commercials that are out there are good enough to keep your attention!
@gabs8513 (48803)
Hahahaha yes I have done that to lol and it took a while to realize that I can wind it forward lol
I don't get mesmerised by everyday television commericals, there are some I like, and many I hate, but I don't really watch enough of them to let it bother me too much. What does fascinate me are the shopping channels, I really can sit there flicking between them listening to the rubbish they come up with, it's amazing!
@rusty2rusty (6747)
• Defiance, Ohio
No, I do not get mesmerized by commericails. If I have recorded a movie. I will fast forward them. If it is on tv. I will go to the bathroom, get something to eat, fold laundry or something other than sit there and watch them. I even flip channels. I don't even listen to commericals when I am listening to the radio.
@Willowlady (10666)
No, we are not mesmerized although we thoroughly enjoy the cavemen, everyready bunny and anything with animals. They care often cute and as long as we remember they are trying to sell something then we don't fall for it. We enjoy those breaks in the action. We espcially enjoy the foreign commercials that are shared with us from time to time. They are so more freer that we are with what they show. Alltel is showing a commercial saying that people are smart. hahahahah the evening news shows how smart people in general are. Nothing wrong with enjoying those commercial breaks. They can be entertaining.
@RhodaK (177)
Yeah I do that too, but especially the movies I taped years ago!! Then it is like going back in a time capsule and I remember the commercials more than the movie it seems.
@villageanne (8579)
I hate commercials. They seem to be trashy these days. I find myself wondering what they are adversising. Seems they want to encourage indescent clothes and actions. I just cant watch them. I really hate the victoria secret commercials. I go as far as turning the sattelite off when they are on.
@ma_belle (1358)
yes, I have noticed that sometimes I also get mesmerized by commericals. Sometimes I find it kind of funny. However, there are some good commericals out there too!
@Lydia1901 (16354)
Yeah, I used to do that myself when I taped movies on TV. It is just part of movies on TV, so it is just natural to fall prey to that.
i hate comercials and try never to watch them
@loved1 (5338)
You have to admit that some of those commercials are really entertaining. I find myself getting excited when my favorite one comes on! How lame is that? I really don't watch much tv but taping your favorite shows so you could fast forward through the commercials is a great idea.
@chiyosan (29388)
not really but i tend to be amazed by some nice commercials, i think they are fun to wtch