Trouble Brewing??

This brings me memories of the "Cold War". Do you see potential problems for us? Do you think Bush will jump in with both feet at the summit meeting? Russia Warns U.S. on Missile Defense Russian President Vladimir Putin warned that Moscow could take "retaliatory steps" if Washington proceeds with plans to build a missile defense system for Europe, including possibly aiming nuclear weapons at targets on the continent. Speaking to foreign reporters days before he travels to Germany for the annual summit with President Bush and the other Group of Eight leaders, Putin assailed the White House plan to place a radar system in the Czech Republic and interceptor missiles in neighboring Poland. Washington says the system is needed to counter a potential threat from Iran. In an interview released Monday, Putin suggested that Russia may respond to the threat by aiming its nuclear weapons at Europe. Full Story: http://story.news.ask.com//article/20070604/D8PHSH200.html
Trouble is always brewing in some manner it seems. One place arms themselves against a potential threat, someone nearby may think they are gonna attack them in some manner. And the cycle continues. Personally no matter how things are handled some form of trouble is gonna be stirred up, but everyone has the right to protect themselves.
That's true, thanks
@herrbaggs (1308)
Russia is suffering from a case of sour grapes and thier leaders anal probe is broken and quit vibrating.
@xParanoiax (6999)
No..I don't think we're all gonna glow in the dark soon. Our president may not be the brightest bulb in the box, but he's not a total idiot either. Nah, I think there's bigger problems going on that that lol. Just read up on the Real ID act of 2005 and its recent developements and you'll see my dark view of our government lately lol.
Yeah especially the "Immigation Requirements" The illegals must be laughing themselves silly!
Not to mention the hackers (I read that one of 'em in one of the countries where it's already in effect, hacked one of those id's in under twenty minutes!) and identity thieves. It's silly, and does diddly squat good for anything. *shakes my head mournfully*
Looks like the cold war may heat up again. But no matter how big Russia talks they don't really have anything left to back up their words. Communism is fading and without it they can't do anything.
Let's hope so.
@jennybianca (12914)
Bush has a big mouth, & has a tendancy to inflame other Leaders & countries with his rash words. I am not sure if a defence system in Europe, aimed at Iran, is really needed? Is Iran still a genuine threat? With terrorists, yes, but does the country have a viable military industry? I guess the US analyists will decide how genuine a threat Iran really is? If still a threat, is a nuclear missile system gong to be the answer? I imagine Russia are getting uptight about this, as they are tradional allies of Iran.
@shambuca (2560)
its always something- Bush needs to get out- for a Christian he sure seems to want war awfully bad huh?
@Lakota12 (42684)
well Ijust think he wants trouble you would think he would want one for it might help Russia out witht his system up it could stop attacks from Iran or any one that has the right system in place
@eaforeman6 (8983)
I do think President Bush will put the radar there if he needs it. I dont think he will stop the plan regardless of where they aim their whatevers. He is going to do what it takes to fight the terrorists just hes been tharting their plans , such as the other day again. I think if he does do it, then their is a reason and cause for it...