Motel rooms with big surprises

@jillhill (37354)
Have you ever checked into a motel or hotel room and found some unexpected surprises? Maybe something a guest left behind that went unnoticed or maybe a critter that crawls out from under a sink? I have heard too not to sit on the comforters that are on the beds because they harbor tons of germs etc. Do you sit on the bed without turning down the comforter?
I remember once, years ago I woke up to find a roach on the pillow. I have also heard that the bedspreads and comforters are not cleaned regularly, just the sheets, but I usually sit on the comforter when I first check into the room.
@jillhill (37354)
I know I sometimes forget myself and sit on it before pulling it down. Thanks for replying.
@tad1fan (3373)
I worked at many different motels and we find many different items that are left behind.....as for rhe beds,I would NEVER sit on or even use the comforters that are on the beds.....they are only changed and washed,maybe every 3-6 months and after all the use,from all the different clients,you know they have something on them......the sheets and over sheets are changed daily,but not the comforters.....even the towels aren't safe,if they don't look used,we don't change them and only replace the ones that were used.....I'm so glad to be out of that work and even happier I don't use motels
@jillhill (37354)
Wow! good to know....maybe. I still have to stay in motels alot but will keep your info in mind! Thanks!
@tad1fan (3373)
You're very welcome....this is one thing I like about mylot....if you don't know the truth about something,someone out there does!
I always remove the comforter to one side. It is even dirtier than the toilet bowl lol. The bowl is cleaned each time you flush; the comforter is cleaned once every year or 2. And surprises yes... critters... depending on the country. I do know every hotel I visited in Korea had one bug or another. Korea is a nice place of course... just talking about the hotels I had chance to stay in. :P
@jillhill (37354)
Yes you are right. maybe once or twice a year in a good year! LOL