chewing gum decreases tension?

@edward13 (130)
my teacher always scold one of my classmates because she's always chewing gums during recitation and exams and our teacher hate it so much....my classmate told the teacher that it helps her to lower her tension esp during recitation....but the teacher just ignore her!!! is there any way to decrease tension aside from chewing gum (acc. to her!)
@latsmom (824)
I have heard this too, The teacher always walked around our class with a waste paper in telling us all to spit out our gum yet she sat there chwing away all lesson. How is that for double standards lol. I would have thought that times would have changed since then as it was over 10 years ago. i don't think there is a problem unless people stick it under the desks which is pretty disgusting but I think most students only did that as if they stood up to throw it in the bin tehy would have been in trouble anyway.
@edward13 (130)
haha....the way i used to leave trash under my desks rather than stand up to throw it in the bin and be scolded by our unreasonable teacher....
My daughter gets this all the time and I don't care. If the teacher can't look up info on chewing gum and the benefits of it so what. I watched a special on tv. With this doctor who did studies on gum chewers and non chewers. The study showed higher grades scored on the gum chewers. My daughter makes it her duty to remember her gum. I try to keep it sugar free and that is it. I also tell her to tell the teacher she has halitosis if question her. It seems to work so far.
@edward13 (130)
hahaha....quite a sweet and encouraging mom!!! :)