Hockey a cruel irony.

The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim - The Stanley Cup coming to So. Cal. 
GO MIGHTY DUCKS OF ANAHEIM 2007 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
@gewcew23 (8011)
It must be totally ironic to anyone who gives two cents about hockey. Canada a nation that lives and dies for that sport. The nation that its young boys who go to sleep cradling their very first hockey stick. Dreams about the first time on a frozen pond make the night go by fast. This nation has not had the stanley cup to grace its nation since 1993 when the Montreal Canadians. Since 1993, lets look at a list of teams that have won the Stanley cup: The Dallas Stars, The Tampa Bay Lightning, the Carolina Hurricanes, and now just one game away the Anaheim Mighty Ducks. What makes it even worse is that three of the four teams beat Canadian teams. People who live in the sunbelt of the US, could care less really about hockey. The reason why they go to the games is for the hitting, for the hitting, and did I mention for the hitting. Look Canada, we don't get the sport we just know how to win the sport. We take your best athletes from you, and use them against you. But it really wasn't that hard. Nine months out of the year our women wear bathing suits, and nine months out of the year your women wear coats. Also when your canadian hockey players come to America we don't tax them to death like you do. The hockey players on our teams actually get to keep their incomes, unlike canadian teams where the government takes every dime they earn. There might be a reason why Wayne Gretzey left Edmonton to come to Los Angeles. Actually I could list a whole bunch of canadians who have come to america but that would take until next year to write all of them down:) More American wins in sports that we don't care about. More stanley cups coming to America. More Canadian hockey players coming to AMerica. Later.
@brothertuck (1257)
I do think you have gone too far in your analysis of the NHL and the Stanley cup in specific. The only reason that the US teams are winning, is that the NHl has become a business like all the other sports. Most of the players in the league are still Canadien, and with many Europeans in the mix with the US players. It is not a US sport, just a Canadien sport played in US cities. In the international tournaments the Canadiens are still at the top. The Olympics, except for 2 quirks of luch, the Canadiens are always looked at with more fear and respect. In the under 17 ranks they are regularly at the top. The US in it's sports are no longer the top, in baseball they are overwhelmed with Latin and now Japanese and other oriental players, who won the world tournament a couple of years ago, not the US. In basketball, the Olympics, we have been a disgrace to what we should be putting there, and many teams now have more then one foreigner on the team. And a Canadien team is now one of the top in the East. When the US can regularly challange for international hockey gold then can we talk about the way Canada has dropped in their dominance of the game. BTW, I am from the US, just outside of Philadelphia, and am a hockey fan from days back when there was 8 teams.
@gewcew23 (8011)
Did you not read my discussion? My discussion was on how the NHL. It was about how the teams of the SUNBELT of the US where people could care less about hockey have won the last 3 Stanley Cup. I am not saying Canada has lost its edge in hockey players. I am saying that their Canadian teams have lost their edge. Don't you think it is a little odd that a team like Tampa Bay, Carolina, or Anaheim in areas where no one plays hockey. They have won the last three Stanley Cups, and if you go back to Dallas. Texas isn't exactly known for its hockey fans. This has proven my point that hockey is considered football on ice. It ties over Americans until the NFL comes back.
@sigma77 (5385)
Well, the Duckies did win the Cup. I hope an earthquake doesn't happen and it is destroyed or perhaps lost in a mud slide...lol. I can't feel too sorry for Canadians not winning the Cup. Look at the great Montreal teams that won so many. I have nothing against Canada, and hockey is perfect for that country. Soon, we will have an all sunbelt Stanley Cup final. Maybe something like Nashville vs Tampa Bay. Oh boy. Being from an original 6 team city, I like hockey for the playmaking, and not so much for the hitting and fighting (which seldom happens anymore). Sure it is a rough sport, but it takes some skill especially playing on an ice surface. Taxes are too high everywhere, but that is the fault of government's and their notorious overspending and waste.