Is the rating system fair?

@stacyv81 (5906)
DO you think so? Some people use the rating system personally. I rate someone positively even if they disagree if I think they added something to the discussion. And if I dont I just dont rate. I do not want to rate anyone negatively. If people are rude I just ignore. But It seems some people use the rating system to get "revenge" on those who do not agree with them
@Michele21 (3095)
I rate the same way you do. I don't want to affect anyone's eafnings by giving them a negative, I know it is only a few cents but I still don't like it. I am a generally nice person that doesn't like to cause problems or whatever so I rate everyone positive. But if I thought they were being mean, rude or whatever I wouldn't rate them at all. I think it is fair, it could be more detailed not just like good or bad. But hey it works for me!!
@suspenseful (40326)
The rating system does not affect the earnings, it is how you post.
@stacyv81 (5906)
I agree with you Michele. I think it goes back to the old saying if you do not have anything nice to say then say nothing at all. If you dont have a nice rating to give do not rate at all, but that is just my opinion, and I am sure not everyone thinks that way. =)
@suspenseful (40326)
Why bother with the minus in the rating system anyway if one is not going to use it? You might as well just have a plus or the explanation mark. Some people do not know how to write a discussion and if they just rant and quote articles, without saying up front that they are a professional, then they would not get a minus.
@stacyv81 (5906)
yes, but I just think that if you dont like it ignore it that is my philosophy
@tinamwhite (3255)
I think that I have seen a few people do this as well...I think that it is ridiculous that someone would do that.... I use the rating system like you do....and I always take the time to rate any discussion that I respond to.... I think that the rating system is a good thing but hate to see it misused....
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
I usally rate everyone I respond to positive and everyone that responds to me I rate positive unless I come across a disscuss that is cutting someone done like for being over weight or for something that they can't help. That makes me mad.I sometimes rate then negitive.