Pregnancy Complications during Childbirth

@Swtrose (3399)
Did anyone have any pregnancy complications during childbirth? My first labor was not a smooth one. I had placental abruption. My doctor informed me that my doctor and I were both very lucky to be alive. With my second pregnacy I was hospitalized for toxemia. My daughter was born with heart defects that were not noticed until three weeks. My third pregnancy, was a transverse pregnancy. Because my doctor was frightened of complications he took me early. Good thing too as I had a big baby. They induced me and my son was still stubborn. I almost had to have a caesarian delivery.
Hello Swtrose. I developed preeclampsia (toxemia) at the end of my 37th week. My blood pressure was through the roof and I gained 9lbs in one week so they sent me to the hospital for monitoring (lots of blood work and urine tests). They kept an eye on me for 2 days and I got worse so they induced me. I had HORRIBLE back labor for 2 days and after 1.5 hours of pushing I ended up with a c-section. It was a horrible experience but my son was worth it. I just hope that it doesn't happen with future children.
I forgot to add that my son was a little jaudice but otherwise healthy. He was born at 7lbs 10oz at exactly 38 weeks. Not bad!
@Swtrose (3399)
Your son is a cutie. I'm glad everything turned out ok Melissa.
@tammyr (5955)
• Etowah, Tennessee
With my first I had no problems. But with my second, I had pre-eclempsia. That is were the placanta is below the baby. With 3 weeks in bed the placenta moved up. I had 3 episodes that sentme to the hospital, one for two days.I was also on bed rest for 5 1/2 months. I lost a lot of fluid and when I was a week past me due date, they had me to take castor oil to put me into labor. That worked and although my tail bone was broken during labor, I had no other problems and she was born healthy. The worse part was trying to stay in bed for over 5 months. That is not easy to do!
@Swtrose (3399)
I cannot imagine it would be tammy.
@shestalou (293)
So sorry to hear about your son that must have been traumatic for you and your family. I had 2 natural births and 1 c-section with my twins, I was in intensive care after the twins with internal bleeding, they were both transverse. I had some compications with the single births also but not quite as bad as the twins, my first baby was 9 pounds 4 ounces, she was huge lol.
@Swtrose (3399)
Sorry to hear about this and wow that is a big baby and my pregnancy was my son was not as traumatic as loosing my daughter, though I have to admit after loosing her the last pregnancy (with my son) was test after test and really stressful not just on me but the entire family.
I never had any complications during any of my births.Though during my third one I used a birthing chair & the nurse was getting impatient and shoved my head down and pulled my leg up and crunched me...but other than that all my childbirths have been natural and uneventful.
@butterfly39 (3907)
Well, i have two caesarian operations and 1 normal delivery. I still prefer what during pregnancy you have a good diet and complete exercise. Not to eat unfamiliar foods just to be safe. Follow the doctor's advise.