If you have ever tried Karaeoke, what did you sing and were you any good?

I know a lot of us have tried this, normally at a party after a few too many glasses of wine or beers, but what did you sing and was it your choice. I love to sing La Bamba, even though I can't speak Spanish and most people say I can't sing either, but it is the first song I will sing at Karaeoke, after that I find it hard not to sing any song that is put up in front of me! Do you have any funny stories about making a fool of yourself or others being bigger fools! Come on guys n girls, share your experiences.
@irishmist (3843)
Well I never sing in public, no matter how many drinks I've had lol. But this one time I was Bartending, and they had karoke every night of the week. Anyway I was looking at the book with one of my customers, and they said if you could sing one song, what would it be. Without thinking I said "Picture" by Cheryl Crow & Kid Rock. So some time went by, and all the sudden I heard my name called to sing! I was like no way, but needless to say I ended up singing with one of the male customers. I guess I did ok. I had to, far be it for me to embaress myself. After that I would parctice songs at home, just in case it would ever happen to me again hehe.
Practicing at home....hmmm, sounds like you really enjoyed it and secretely can't wait to have another go ;-) I'll bet you are a great singer as most Irish are.
@happymom1 (1179)
Every time Filipino`s have a get together we have always singing and its "Karaoke time" I sing my theme song to my husband Looking through the eyes of Love. I got average score andalso the greatest love of all song. Sometimes i got 90+ so i love to sing.
Sounds like a lot of fun at your get togethers, not sure I understand about the scoring though, is that from your family and friends?
@lani0529 (1726)
Hello jakester!(",) I am all for singing in a kareoke! Filipinos love singing in the kareoke bars and even kareoke at home. It's really fun singing in kareoke! I did tried it even if I don't have a nice voice, what's important is that everyone is happy and enjoying. I can't even remember the first song that I had sung in the kareoke. hope that you will keep on singing in a kareoke because if you practice a lot, you might have improvement in your voice and you'll be able to get a high grade. Great day!(",)