do you think water from the drinking fountain is safe?

i really don't drink from the drinking fountain no matter how thirsty i am. i would rather run to the nearest convenience store to buy myself a bottle of water. i don't know but i don't think that water from drinking fountains is safe... what do you think?
i have not tried it, my brother told me that you just don't know if other people sucked directly from the little hole where water flows. and by that i'd rather buy in a convenience store to quench my thirst.
@lynboobsy11 (11346)
I think its not that safe coz it is like drinking direct from the faucet and not purified. It's better to bought mineral water or purified water atleast you reall know it's safe it's very hard to get sick now a days.
@aaamm3003 (398)
i too agree with you that fountain water is not good for health as it may containd various bacterias and diseases which we may cannot see with our naked eyes, its safe to drink mineral water which is packed.