Pirated DVD's versus Theater movies...whats your opinion?

pirated dvd stand - pirated dvd stand in some sidewalk
@daryljane (3439)
As we all know, watching movies in theater these days requires like a hundred buck when watching in smalltime movie theater, 100 to 150 in SM and Ayala, even 250 to 300 in IMAX theater... In the movie industry, they keep on fighting over people not to buy pirated cd's and dvd's and support original ones..but lets admit it, i also buy pirated one's on some sidewalk vendors because i cant bring my whole family to watch to movie because its expensive already adding up the snacks we need to bring, unlike buying pirated one's that only cost like 70 pesos here in the philppines and it already have 8 to 12 movies already. although the reception is not that nice compare to watching the original one's but still you get to watch the movie, right?, moreso, i the whole family can watch is already in the comfort of our own home! I know that its killing the movie industry but if someone from the senate can pass a bill lowering down the tax for every movies, at the same time lowering down the movie ticket, to a really affordable prize for everyone, they should also be strict with all the people making pirated cd's and dvd's, i guess we can stills ave the industry... what do you think? i dont know if someone will agree with me, but i based on a little survey i made in our office, they still consider buying pirated one's..in fact we watch movies in the theater if our office gives out free movie tickets...lolz!
I don't go to the movie theaters now because they're really expensive and I don't have that kind of budget for that kind of entertainment for now. But since buying pirated DVDs are not legal here, there are less people who would risk to buy or sell them now. I found out that close to the place we live there is a store lending DVDs out and it costs only a tiny amount of money to keep the movies for 4 days and 3 nights. Me and my family are using that service now because it's more convenient and we won't feel bad if the movies are not great. Most importantly, we don't need many spare space to keep the DVDs at home.
@daryljane (3439)
at home, theres this neighbor who buys pirated dvd's with good copy of course and people rent from him...he goes house to house and he is making money out of it..lolz!
*laughs* Wow! This neighbor of yours must have a really good business sense! I can't believe he is making money with a pirated DVD though! But I believe it would be a lower cost for him to buy pirated DVDs and rent to other people!
@daryljane (3439)
yeah! and whats funny is that, he is brining this big bad with all the cd's and dvd's there...people will just choose what he have and rent takes 3 days after that he is back with another set of disk...lolz!
I avoid buying pirated CD's as it would mean I would be contributing to transnational crime. Yet, even if I buy original ones, I would still be saving a lot of money because there are 6 of us in the family who could watch it. Compared to the high cost of movie tickets, buying original DVD's is still practical because other relatives could also borrow it.
@daryljane (3439)
Oh i see...its good that youre doing that...i only buy original dvd's when it is sale, but those movies are only old.