Do we gain points if they rate us with a PLUS

It wasnt clear to me but if in case we were given "plus" ratings by our fellow-mylotians, would that add to our points and if some people gave us a "down" rating, would that mean deduction from our points?
@1grnthmb (2063)
The plus rating increases your overall rating and gives you a better value when they decide what your discussions are worth Your reputation is a big part of what you will get for payment for the discussion.
@teleios (738)
hi i think it does. i've read a few posts complaining about peopel who intentionally give your post a thumbs-down so that you will get a deduction on points. nasty, i know. so i guess that happens, although i hope people will avoid doing that.
Yeah I guess so. Yesterday my rating was already 10. now I went back to 9.
@derek_a (10902)
I could be wrong, but I think this effects the star rating more than the points. Best to see what others will say, I will be interested too. LOL.
@webeishere (36353)
It doesn't affect the points we have I believe. I think the points are earned from starting and replying and commenting to discussions. I have no idea if it affects the amount we earn or not. But it does affect the star rating when we get a minus rating. I'd ask myLot about this as far as earnings is based. I don't think they'd relay their pay scale as far as responses/ratings though. the pay here is a very mysterious formula. Hahaha!!! HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@patgalca (14414)
• Orangeville, Ontario
I'm not sure whether it affects your points or earnings. I do believe it affects your star rating. MyLot is not clear on thir payment system for a reason: they don't want people to abuse it by cheating or putting people down just to lower their earnings and ratings. Just play fairly and you will get what you deserve.
@jogie_bien (1103)
i am sorry but i dont know about this.i really dont know also if we can see if whos people gave us negative ratings.
@zandi458 (27952)
I am not sure about this but I think it helps on the star rating.
I believe the + and - ratings pertain to our myLot rating score, the numbered star rating that is our reputation at myLot. We don't lose our numbers but we do have our ratings go down if we get the -.
@sizzle3000 (3040)
As far as I know the star points do not get us more or less money. These are just a way for you to see how many people like what you write. This is also a way for people to give you a negative if they don't like what you have to say. Your star points will go up and down. I am an eight right now but I have gone all the way back to a two already. I just write what I feel and don't even bother with the stars any more. I just tell it like it is.
@mummymo (23707)
Honey the + and - ratings are where you get the no inside your star.
@aprilgrl (4460)
I am not sure about that but I assume if someone rated you the plus your rating will go up if thats how it works.
@asmurthy (2464)
any one rates positive or negative does not reflect on your points. Yes it will effect you star rating.
@terri0824 (4991)
I'm not sure, I've only been here for about a month, and I thought the + - was our star rating, not sure about an addition to our points. I always try to give everyone that answers my discussions a +. This also helps me keep track of the one's that I have already read and responded too.
@mehale (2200)
Your myLot ranking goes up or down based on the number of positive and negative ratings your discussions and responses generate. You won't actually loose points, but your ranking can go up or down based on this and it will reflect in your star number.
@martinha (631)
• Portugal
I believe it doesn't affect your points. It affects if people like your participation or not. It can give you an idea if people are enjoying your answers and questions too. If you have a really low rating it means you are not being very sucessful.
@charms88 (7543)
Like what everyone are saying here, you get higher star rating if posters slapped you with many pluses. Down your rating goes if some jerks gave you negative rating. I'm not sure if the quality of our threads can boost our star rating too.
I am not exactly clear on this myself, but I believe you have to have several plus ratings to gain a point in ratings. The ratings system and payment system are about as clear as mud for me, so I just keep doing what I am doing...lol.
@Lydia1901 (16354)
I do not think that rating affects the number of points that you get. It only affects your star rating, which drops or goes up depending on how people are rating you.
@jencai (3415)
What do you mean by points? Points for additional earnings or what? I know for sure that those + and - ratings affects our MyLot Reputation Rating alone and never our earnings. Take a look at yout star. You will notice that everyone has it's own color and if you will place your cursor in it, you'll see a rating such as 85/100 or any. Hope this helps.
I am not sure but i think it is the case. When someone rates you with a + it helps you rating to move up and when someone rates you with - it brings your rating down. So always post a good discussion it will help you earn some +.