How many languages can you speak?

@meme0907 (3481)
With this diverse community we have here @ MyLot I was wondering how many languages y'all can speak fluently or not.For me I can say many spanish words & phrases,some laotian or vietnamese,french,hawaiian,german even one or to arabic words and of course southern dialect LOL.How about y'all? Gimmie something new to say in your language |;)
I am a Chinese, I can speak Cantonese and Mandarin. Besides, I can speak in English.
@meme0907 (3481)
cool, will you tell me how to say "sorry I don't understand" in chinese? +'s 2 U
That's simple: Dui bu qi, wo bu ming bai.
@meme0907 (3481)
Thanks so much I'm gonna practice that-is it spelled basically like it sounds? ++
I am quite a poor thing lol. I speak only english and mandarin only. I always admire people who can speak a diverse range of languages. I can only look up to them in awe. :P
@meme0907 (3481)
Hey LW, fluently speaking english and mandarin is admirable-I only know a few words & phrases in any other language besides english. +'s 2 U :D
I just wished I had learned more languages from young.
@meme0907 (3481)
LW, You're never too old to learn-that's why I'm trying to learn to say "sorry" or "apologies" here in multiple languages ++ :)
@kawaii24 (520)
Im fluent in Filipno and proficient in english language.
@meme0907 (3481)
I'm seeing a few ppl speak filipino and many speak english as a second language Thanks for adding to this discussion +'s 2 U :D
i can speak four languages viz. english, hindi, marathi and punjabi.
@meme0907 (3481)
Hey rk, Wow four languages you're pretty smart |;) Thanks for adding to this discussion +'s 2 U :D
Hi there! I can speak two foreign languages, they are Filipino and English. I also speak 2 different dialects which is completely different from Filipino. I speak and write fluently with them except English. I am still working on my English. It will come in time with a lot of practice and listening.
@meme0907 (3481)
Hey BF, Thanks for adding to this discussion-You'll get the hang of english,you form sentences very well already-I'd probably be a horrible teacher for you though because I'm from the south & my accent is strong Y'all LOL +'s 2 U :D
@anniie (62)
I can speak fluent in English and Catonese. I know some French, Mandarin and Japanese but not well enough to actually be able to speak a whole conversation with someone else that is fluent in that language.
@meme0907 (3481)
Thanks for adding to this discussion-I can't believe we haven't come across anyone who speaks russian-I'd like to learn how to say "sorry" in chinese & russian b/c of my job I get alot of foreign ppl's & I just tell them in english "sorry-bye,bye" knowing they probably only understand the good bye. I wish I could say sorry in their language. +'s 2 U :D
@ibuemma (2954)
i speak Bahasa indonesia which is my mother language and not so bad at all in English ;). tiny-tiny german and japanese ( good enough only for greetings ) hehehehe..
@meme0907 (3481)
You're about like me-LOL Thanks for adding to this discussion +'s 2 U :D
@japboy (572)
that's a lot of languages that you know.I'm really impressed. I just know 3 languages,first is my mother tongue language that's Bahasa Malaysia and of course i'm very influence in this language.The other two would be english and japanese.I can't say that i'm very good or influence in english but i still can speak or understand what other people talking.For japanese,i can speak and understand half,i mean average level in japanese language.I still studying this japanese language and i'm now at intermediate level.For writing in japanese,i only can write Katakana and Hiragana,kanji i can't write at all.I'm going to learn it in this intermediate level and i hope i can be good at this.
@meme0907 (3481)
Cool,you are very smart-I've heard learning japanese is difficult espcially to write. I'm not fluent in any other language except english but I know some words & phrases. My favorite that I learned from my laotian friend is (I know I'm probably spelling this wrong but I'm just gonna spell like it sounds to me) coi ha chow that's supposed to mean I love you in laotian. +'s 2 U :D
@alpine_007 (1476)
• Pakistan
i can speak urdu, and english very fluently and easily and i can also speak hindi since it is very much similar to speak than urdu
@meme0907 (3481)
wow this is gonna sound ridiculous to you but I've never heard of the urdu language. thanks for adding to this discussion +'s 2 U :D
@tracy1985 (654)
I just can speak two kinds of languages,my mother language and English.I think it is enough.but my English is poor,so that's why I come to mylot and make friends here.I want to improve my English. hehe....maybe I can speak a little French,because my girlfriend can speak French,he teach me few sentences.
@meme0907 (3481)
I'm trying to learn some helpful phrases in other languages-can you tell me how to say "my apologies" in chinese? +'s 2 U
@dopey22girl (3324)
The only language I'm fluent in is English. But I do know quite a bit of Spanish, but not enough where I would be comfortable going to a Spanish-speaking country and being able to talk lol.
@meme0907 (3481)
that's me I know a few words & phrases mainly "no tiendo" LOL b/c of my csr job +'s 2 U