What are the Culture and Values of your country that you are most proud of

Culture - A cultural dancer
All countries have their own culture and values. What are the yours and what are you most proud of?
@Hemant83 (1282)
I am indian. And i am proud on the spirituality and the respect about god. The respect about parents to their childrens.
@Willowlady (10666)
They tend to be the ones we no longer use. Honesty, perserverance, willingness to fight for what is right. Standing up for rights. Religious convictions. So you see how far the USA has fallen and why so many countries are not a fan of our anymore. So sad.
Dont worry, I still find your country great.
@Willowlady (10666)
Thank you. I am those things however not many are living where I am and also while I watch what goes on it saddens me. Nice to know some think for themselves no matter where they live and like us still! Thanks again.
@pelo26 (1553)
Mano po. - Filipino gesture of respect for the elders.
Respect of the elders through pagmamano. Do you know its direct translation in English? We say bless when performing the action but that really doesn't describe even half of the gesture. I guess the best way to describe it is through a picture.
We just have to call it "kissing their hands". thanks...
@maryannemax (12174)
• Sweden
most filipinos show respect to people through their gestures... less in words. like pagmamano or helping an elder cross the street. and we are always sincere when doing it. it's a part of who we are and it is a habit already. no need to remind us to do that... anne
@maryannemax (12174)
• Sweden
hello hersmart4ever. i am from the philippines. and we do have lots of good values to ponder. first, i love the way we respect our elders. we give them the care and sincerity and we look up to them all the time. second, being a workaholic. we work hard and we are loyal to what we are doing. third, the way we value ourselves. it's important to value one's self, too. it's the best way to start when we decide to become better people to others. how about you? what can you say about this?... anne
I agree. We should really be prou were Filipinos.
@asmurthy (2464)
Humanity - The mildness of the Indians has continued till date, despite the aggressiveness of the Muslim conquerors and the reforming zeal of the British, the Portuguese and the Dutch. The Indians are noted for their humanness and calm nature without any harshness in their principles and ideals. Tolerance - Gandhiji’s satyagraha principle or Ahimsa - freedom without taking a drop of blood, worked wonders and gave credit to India in the international arena. Swami Vivekananda in his famous Chicago Speech on the 11th of September, 1893 spoke of this. Unity - India is a conglomeration of men and women of various castes and creed. It is a fusion of old traditional values and the modern principles, thus satisfying all the three generations in the present India. The Elite businessman and the common vendor on the road share the same news and worship the same deity . Secularism - India is a secular country as stated in its Constitution. There is freedom of worship throughout the length and breadth of India without any breeches or violations of any other’s religious beliefs. The Hindus, The Muslims, The Christians, and The Sikhs in times of calamity and during festivities come openly together to share their thoughts despite their religious affinities. The catholicity of the Indian culture can be best understood by the fact that hundreds of Hindus visit the Velankanni shrine or the Nagore Dargah in Tamilnadu.
To tell you frankly, if I want another country aside from the philippines, that would be India.
@maehan (1445)
As Singapore is a multi races country. I am proud that there are no racist and we live in harmony. That's remind me of exchange festive goodies during one another festival.
@miaolin (397)
I'm a chinese.China has five thousand history and is one of the ancient counties in the world.That's what I'm most pround of.When foreigner ask something about my country,I always introduce the deep history to them.It's so refulgent and great and could be the example of the world.So deep culture basis forms this big country.Although it's not powerful in the world(China never wants to be the number one in the world),it's admire by most counties.Most people all marvel at the chinese history. I'm proud to be a chinese.
@PunkyMcPunk (1477)
I am Canadian. I am proud and love that we still have the ability to laugh at ourselves. I love that we are seen as very polite and that people in all countries like us (I am very proud of that). I love that we are honest, happy go lucky, laid back, easy going, sort of people. As for values, well, I'm from the country, I have learned to respect my elders, help people, not to judge, be nice to everyone, be polite and all of those other good things.
our love of freedom is not only the one I am proud of it is the most important thing in the world to be free to think and say what ever we feel we neexd to without fear of repercusions from either government or religion
@lynboobsy11 (11347)
The best culture we have that Imust be proud of is being so hospitable to others we are very great in that thing. Being so good in accomodating others specially foreigners visited our land. Just to show them how hospitable we are even without money we lend just to show them that we can accomodate them specially in cooking them food.
@add_im (2712)
I'm from Philippines and the values that I am proud of about my fellow Filipinos is our hospitality to many and being a hardworking people.
@jacki3 (137)
my mom is filipina and she taught us the words ate(older sister) and kuya (older brother), which according to her is a sign of respect. i love visiting the philippines because it has festivals all year round! there's this parade where the most beautiful women of the town wear gowns and walk towards the church. i forgot what it's called, but i think it's in honor the virgin mary. and then there's the town fiesta, where everybody cooks plenty of food and decorate their homes in honor of their town's patron saints.
@mamasan34 (6522)
That we are free to make the decisions we want to make, that we have the freedom to believe in what we choose to believe in. We are a very open country with many different cultures and many different values.
Love Youngers and give respect to the elders. Touch the feet of your elders in order to take blessings from them. Treat your guests equal to God. There are number of other things in the Culture of my country. My Country is INDIA. It is also Known as Hindustan.