Does your kid relax when they have a cold or flu?

@muscare (3069)
Australia
My 4yr old is always so active, and he's just caught a cold. We always tell him that if he takes it easy, his body will get over it quicker. It doesn't seem to make a difference. He still keeps going as per usual. Admittedly, when he is sick, he has his ups and downs, I guess when the medicine kicks in, he livens up and then crashes again a little later. Are your kids like this? My son also gets a little red mark under his nose from always wiping. He hates blowing, poor little man.
@natash121 (219)
My 4 year old is always on the go, however when she is sick with a cold , she barely gets of the couch and has lots of naps during the day. Dont think many kids like blowing their noses. Its horrible eeing them sick isnt it.
@muscare (3069)
I wish my son was like that, at times! At lest then I might get some peace and quiet, lol! I hate it when he is sick, especially when you know you can't do much for them. I know I sleep less at night, I often check to make sure he is ok!
@rapolu_cs (1184)
my son is 2yrs old and whenever he gets attacked with cold he does not eat properly and keep vomiting twice or more when evr he coughs but he plays very actively and gets dull all of a sudden and after having some relaxation he begins again.
@muscare (3069)
The vomiting, is it because of the excess mucus that is produced when one has a cold? That would be quite hard to deal with. It is funny how their energy levels seems to go in cycles, but I suppose in the end, they get better regardless!
@abrarr (1246)
• Pakistan
no i have nevr seen a child slowing down even one is ill or injured. thay have no sense of its gettin worse.
@muscare (3069)
Yes, although sometimes I wish I had as much energy when I was sick as my son does. Actually, I wish I had as much energy when I'm well as he does sick, lol!!!