Do You Get Time Away From Children and Spouse

I just wanted to say that if you are a home parent it is very important to get time away from children and spouse. If your stuck in the house all day long don't forget to take some time for yourself/. If you don't take time for yourself you will find it hard to concentrate at times and you may get annoyed more frequently than normal. Why? Because you don't have time to breath and just enjoy being you without being a parent or spouse. If you are spiritual you take time out for God right well take time out for you as well. You will go crazy or just lose sight of yourself if your always doing for your children and spouse. Just for the women because I know its a little harder to do than it is for a man. But ladies if your not sociable than maybe you should find something that only requires your company. Getting time away from immediate family is very important.
I completely agree with you. My husband realizes that it is important for me to take some time to myself occasionally, just last week he sent me to the spa for the day. I get more work done and I am in a better mood when I have had time alone, even if it is just to go to the library for 30 minutes.
Girl that is alright it is very good when you have a supportive husband. Mines don't go that far but he helps me all the same.
@tina12679 (1126)
I am with my children all the time the only time i do get away from them is my trips into the grocery store. My spouce works so i do get time away from him. Now that school is out i should be able to get a break from them more often, the other day my mother in law took al three and i found myself so relaxed more then i have been for a long time.
@Amstardam (1348)
If I only could get time away!! I can't take it anymore. It is important to get time away, but no one wants to help! I'm going crazy and I'm begging my husband for a break but it just isn't happening. So what am I supposed to do know? I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown or worse.
Do you have any older sister or brothers ? Sometimes it is hard to just get away from everyone. What I had to do to my husband one time was just leave. I got dress and I told him I would be back. I was gone for hours and at that precise time I realized that I need to get away from my family just for a little while. There not just your kids and if your husband is there and hes not going anywhere juust leave. Tell me what exactly is he going to do. You might argue but he needs to spend some time with the kids as well.
@Amstardam (1348)
I almost had to do that the other day. But when my husband came home from work and we seriously talked about it, he agreed that I need to be able to get away. He even made me an appointment for a massage tomorrow! He's never done anything like this before so maybe things will start to look up.
thats awesome and when your spouse agrees thats even better. Good to hear that your not going to have that nervous breakdown after all!!!
@happymommy3 (2014)
Oh I totally agree with you! I am a stay at home mom of 3 and most of my alone time is probably when I'm in the restroom, lol. It is very important though as mothers to get some alone time. I think alot of the times we as mothers tend to feel guilty if we say we have to get out and be alone, or don't want people to think or say whatever it is they say when a woman wants to be by theirselves or go out with some friends. You are right it does affect your concentration and you tend to be stressed and irritated with everyone around you. I do have an understanding husband though and when it gets to that point I will tell him, I need some alone time! Help me out! So he will take the kids out for awhile or I will go and visit my brother and sister just to get out of the house for a little while. I don't want to justify mothers killing their babies, I've been terribly stressed at times and would never think of harming my children but I'm sure alot of mothers who have been terribly stressed and not in their right minds who really don't get help once in awhile can just go crazy and hurt their child. I really believe it is a problem in society right now and women should reach out to someone or ask someone to help out with their children if they feel like they're getting to that point. Good day, and great topic by the way!
I agree with you as well. Staying at home with your children all day long can be tiring at times and it is very important that we as mothers get some time to say aahhh. When you have a understanding husband it is even better. I have 3 little ones at home as well and when I had my daughter I just fell into depression I didn't realize I was going through post pardom depression. And I finally screamed and told my husband I have to get out of the house and now I make it a point to go out at least a couple of times out of the week. I don't care if its to my mothers I just go.