Last Days of School

@KATRINKA (1659)
My kids just finished another school year, and it brought to mind my own last days of school. In elementary school it meant popsicle parties and being able to chew gum. Eating our lunches on the lawn. Long recesses. And bringing home all those unfinished workbooks and empty notebooks. I couldn't wait to finish the workbooks and find new things to study. In high school it meant endless hours of writing, going to the college library. What are your last days of school memories?
@polachicago (19073)
I really like going to school and be with my friends. Last days if school were always not happy for me, but saddest day was when I graduate from medical school after 6 long years of study...I realized that I am not going to see many people again in my life...and I was right...
@KATRINKA (1659)
I can imagine how sad that must have been for you. You must have had many, many memories from those long hard years of study. Do you remember any patients as well? It's sad that you didn't see those people again. Thanks for the response!
@polachicago (19073)
I didn't see few again, but I am still friend with many...As far as patients....I have been working in my field for many years, so I was able to see many patients...
@KATRINKA (1659)
I'm glad you've stayed in touch with some and were also able to see patients again.
@tina12679 (1126)
I just remember in elementary doing what we wanted pretty much we never had anything really to do. The day or so before the last day we got to take all of our stuff home and then we had nothing to do on the very last day. In high school if i could i just didnt go LOL there wasnt really any reason to then i think the district got wise and said that we didnt get our report cards and move onto the next grade if we didnt show for the last day LOL so then i started going but really didnt make a difference i really wasnt there anyway.
@KATRINKA (1659)
That was the same way for us. We didn't receive our report cards if we didn't attend the last day of school. Thanks for responding!
Yea, my last day was cool. We had a huge food fight then had to wait those last 5 seconds where the hands of the clock appears to not move.
@KATRINKA (1659)
Did you get into trouble for having a food fight?
@inked4life (4227)
I just remember sitting waiting for that final bell looking at the clock on the classroom wall as the second hand moved forward two steps and then back one...the last half hour always seemed to take an eternity....then the bell would ring and we'd all go tearing out of the classrom, out of the front gates of the school and usually throw our bags up in the air screaming blue murder the whole time....great memories