Key to your home

@magica (3710)
Bulgaria
Who except your family owns a key to your home? Do you give key to somebody else when you absent for some days? Are you a trustfull enough? And how about your intimate relations? Do you think that your partner must own a key from your home and vice versa?
@sarah22 (3981)
just me and my hubbie
@cipher2004 (1183)
The only other person that has a key to my home is my son's best friend.My son seems to lose his keys all the time.Everytime I get him new one it is gone without a week.He is 21 and just like to lose things.So he gave his friend a key.They work together also.So when he comes home from work and I am not there he can get in.I have known this kid since he was 5.They have been best friends since then.So I totally trust him.I have never given a partner the key to my house.This has never came up in any of my relationships.I don't think I would because I would not like him to look through my stuff.I am married and he never had a key until he moved in.
@KissThis (3006)
When my fiancee and I were just dating we always had a key to each others home. I never had a problem with trusting him and vice versa. He is the only person besides a few family members that I have allowed to have a key to my home. I am not usually a trusting type of person. These days you really don't know who you can trust.
@winterose (39918)
nobody has a key to my home but my son and I, the two people who live here. I don't not have a key to anybody else's house either.
@Sherry12 (2475)
Only family members have keys to our home. But, I do trust my neighbors enough to leave a key with them if I ever needed to. They have left their key with me before when they've been on vacation, so I could water their plants.
@maribea (2366)
oh....my parents have the keys of my home but of course they're always telling me if they want to come and visit me...I gave a copy of the key to my wonderful neighbour..she is the only person I know well in my building and she is like a grandmother for me..she helps me a lot receiving my letters..opening the door when necessary for repairments and so on..and well...as far as a partner is concerned, giving him the key of my house is am important step and therefore this means that I must be very sure he is the right person....
My best friend has a key to my house, he looks after the place and feeds my cat when I am away.
I can't give my key to anyone who I don't trust. Actually besides my husband, parents and aunt, nobody has our home key.
@aweins (4203)
we are four people in all, that is me my hubby and his parents. me and my hubby is having one key and they are having there seperate keys. when we move out for some days we do not give our keys to anyone , we carry our keys with ourselves but yes, if we are going near by and will return soon and some one of the family has not taken the key , then we give our key to our neighbours, they are trustful people and they daily leave theur keys with us, so one day we can also do the same, isn't it???? me and my hubby work together so we go and come together, no need of a seperate key for we two.
@ryanphil01 (4186)
Keys - Home Keys
we are three living in the house and we have our own keys. it's more practical that way because you won't be knocking all the time when comin home. we do not leave any keys to anyone because we don't want to disturb them somehow. even when we are out for several days we always bring the keys with us. we have the original keys placed in a safety box at home.
@Lydia1901 (16354)
I do not trust people that easily and I don't think it is a good idea to just give your keys to friends and some famiy. So, only my husband and I have the key to our apartment and when my daughter gets a little bit older, she will get one too.
@Buchi_bulla (8299)
All family members are having a key of the house and the gate. If any one comes home at some time or other and house is locked, difficult for them, also one cannot move out freely because of this key problem. Hence all of us have key of the house. Other than family members, we never give key to any one.
@cassidy22 (2975)
In the neighborhood where I used to live, my husband and I both had keys. I also gave a key to my neighbor in case there were any emergencies. We have several dogs, so I had about 4 sets of friends that also had keys, so they could let me dogs out for me when I was out of town. I have many good friends I can trust, so I didn't mind letting them have keys.