Do you swing?

Soaring High on a Swing - Do you play the swing
@whyaskq (7553)
Singapore
I suddenly feel wanting to go on the swing. Whenever I bring my niece to the playground, she would hog the swing. I will give her the occasional push she need and stop her when she goes too high for my comfort. I can understand her joy to be on the swing as I too like to be on the swing. I do not need to always cruise high and low. Just the continuous swing to and fro, with the occasional push by someone plus a bit of the whinning and creaking sound from the pulley at the top. That makes a soothing cocktail for my drained brain. At times, I aim to soar high, feeling the wind beating against my face. I would immerse myself in the awkward combination and all will be calm within. Friends, do you swing? Or do you think it is kid's play to be on the swing? Have you ever wanted to be on the swing out of the blue? Do share your swinging thoughts.
I used to swing a bit when I was a kid, not I wasn't that much into swinging anyway. Perhaps, it is more an activities for little girls rather than little boys. Now that I am big, I don't swing anymore. Not unless I install my own swing in my house lol. I am not sure if it helps me to get out of my blues - not unless the swinging is automatic - then I think I can really enjoy myself more. ^^
@whyaskq (7553)
Try the swing in the park in the middle of the night when you cannot get to sleep. No one will see you. Just meditate there. It can be automatic if you make it so.
@charms88 (7546)
Why bighead, I hope you are holding your head while swinging, it might fall off. "nasty grin" I can't remember when was the last time I had a swing. My girls ride the swing in their school's playground. It has a weight limit and fit for small children only. I might broke the whole swing down when I tried to sit in there.
@whyaskq (7553)
Now that you remind me. I need not hold my big head. When I am tired, I just sit on my head and just swing head stand. lol.
@sunita64 (6474)
Swinging was my favorite equipment at the park and i do not leave a chance to take a swing whenever I visit a park. In India there is a festival during the rainy seasons where in most of the houses if they have big trees then swings are made of the thick ropes and all small girls sing songs and swing to welcome the rainy season.
@whyaskq (7553)
Are you able to get a swing every time? Here, in Singapore, we need to queue for it. The swings are always occupied by children.
@lexus54 (3577)
I used to love the swing, as well as the see-saw, when I was a kid. So many years later, I still do. And judging from the responses here, most adults still love to have a go at the swing. Perhaps they should design playgrounds specifically for adults only, so that we can go there and feel young all over again.
@whyaskq (7553)
It would be more fun to join the kids provided the adults don't hog the swings depriving the kids of their enjoyment. Here in Singapore, we have a sort of gym at some special playground nearby the children's playground, for adults and elderly to get some exercise.
@whyaskq (7553)
Hi, you are from Singapore too. Have you been to those gym playgrounds?
@lexus54 (3577)
Yes, I am. But what gyms for adults are you referring to, and where can they be found?
@arkaf61 (10891)
I love swinging, buy can't do it for long unfortunately. I get sick after the first minutes. My ears don't like too much movement specially swinging ones:) When I was a kid, I always felt sad because the most I could go on the swing was about 5 minutes. On the other hand at least I could swing, but I couldn't go on one of the structures that used to go around not even for a minute grrrr :)
@whyaskq (7553)
Sorry about your ears. Probably due some fluid imbalance in your ears? What if you go slow?
@arkaf61 (10891)
it's the movement. Either slow or fast it doesn't really make a difference I"m afraid.
@Katlady2 (9925)
I used to love going on the swing. It was so much fun, and I would always bet my kids as to who could go higher. It was also very relaxing. But as I've gotten older, I have lost my touch and urge for things like that. The last time I tried going on a swing, I ended up getting so queasy that I had to run for the restroom. Is that pathetic or what? LOL
@whyaskq (7553)
Perhaps you are too excited? lol.
@Katlady2 (9925)
OMG! ROFL! Good comeback! Hahaha
• Netherlands
Last month my husband made for my daughter a taller swing for two. Actually it´s not only for my daughter but for us too...(even grandpa loves it). We swing with her once in while...love it. I think its okay to bring your child in you once in a while. Makes us forget about problems and stress. Just swing and feel free like a bird....and importantly my daughter loves when we swing with her.
@whyaskq (7553)
Ya, little toddlers love it. My niece has a swing at home and she will be in it the minute she woke up.
@Calais (10905)
Of course, how can you not. When the kids are having fun why not join in. They think its hilarious seeing an adult on the swings.
@whyaskq (7553)
Sure, adults can take the swings. No one will stop you from having fun. I take the swing and slide too when I am with my friend.
@maddysmommy (16243)
I love to swing LOL whenever I take my son to the playground and if there is a spare swing to swing on I swing alongside him LOL but it ususally doesn't last for long because he prefers that I push him.
@whyaskq (7553)
Understand. I have to push my niece too, even at her command to push high or low.
I used to love to swing! But I don't have kids, and I don't babysit any more, so I don't have a legitimate excuse. Around here if you are an adult seen swinging in the park, they call you nutty.
@whyaskq (7553)
Have few adults together. Use chatting as an excuse :P
@Woodpigeon (3710)
I love going on swings! It is so liberating, and I love that feeling of flying. I only wish it probably doesn't look as bad as it does, with my butt wedged in there. I don't seem to fit into the swings as neatly as I did when I was a lithe young woodpigeon!
@5000ml (1923)
• Belgium
I used to swing for hours when I was a kid, I loved it, especially when I managed to get the swing as high as possible. Nowadays I still swing when I have the chance, but I rarely do. I never really have the time either, I always have something I should be doing.
I still do. I'm not bothered what people think but yes, my son loves being pushed and often I also have a swing or too. (it's seen over as somewhat childish) But i am child like so ;) ~Joey