Why do people find it so hard to earn on myLot? etc.

@Erilyn (3020)
I see a lot of people complaining about different things here on myLot. The thing I see the most complaints about is earnings. I am not here on myLot just for earnings, I am here more for the discussions and friends I have made. Even with that being said, I haven't found it difficult at all to earn money here on myLot so why is so hard for others? I have hit my payout limit twice, and am trying to hit a third before the end of the month. One of the other things I have seen complaints about is the occasional glitches. I don't understand why complain about them? They are always fixed in a short period of time. I can also understand how frustrating it can be to lose post numbers or ratings. Post numbers can't be helped if something is deleted. As far as star ratings go, that is determined by other users, who knows what people are things everyday so why worry about it? Is anyone else tired of seeing people complain all the time? Do you think there is anything we can do to fix the problems?
@filmbuff (2909)
Complaining is a part of human nature. Miserly loves company so they say and most like to comiserate with others. Personally as far as earnings go I don't see the problem. Much like you, I am here to have fun more than anything else and the money is just a bonus. That being said for the last several months I have hit payout each month. I have however noticed that the people complaining about earnings are usually the same people who post one line topics and often don't reply to the people who respond to them; and are usually the same folks who post one line replies to others topics. Of course you're not making any money because you're not really participating. You get paid on the quality of your post more than the quauntity of posts altogether. I guess it does help to be long-winded as I often am. The ratings thing I kind've understand. People think they are perfect, and they want to be rated the best. It does kind've suck to have people use the ratings against, in manner they are intended. Ratings are based on the quality of the post, not the ideas expressed in the post. It seems people forget that and use them if they disagree with a given poster. That is wrong, and I understand why it upsets many. Really, though I'm here for the discussions, getting paid for spouting off my opinions is a just a plus. Minnie Mouse is HOT! filmbuff
@Erilyn (3020)
I am right there with you filmbuff lol. I guess its always just I have always been taught if you don't like something (job etc.) either take the steps to correct it or leave. I guess what it comes down to is I can't stand negitivity. And I think there is too much of it going around here lately. As far as being long winded, I am right there with you lol. Sometimes I can't seem to shut up lol. And you have an excellent point about the ones that are complaining aren't participating. Lately I have found myself tending to stay away from discussions that I know the OP won't comment on the discussion and make it an actual discussion. There are so many different theries on how myLot pays people. A lot of people are under the impression that you don't get paid for commenting etc. I have tried to dispel this but noone will listen. I even went so far as to write an AC article on it. I hit my first payout when I was at 129 posts. I have seen people with upwards to 800 posts saying they haven't hit payout. currently to date I have made a little over $24 on myLot, and I have less than 250 posts. I am averaging about 11 cents per post. And I don't have a single refferal. I don't claim to be an expert on here at all, and all I have done is try to help people out by telling them what I have done so far, but people don't listen. (If I could copy paste I would give you a link so you could see the article and tell me what you think lol. If you want I cna always pm it to you.) I cna also understand people wanting to be rated the best, but there again you can't judge what other people are going to do. If they don't like what you have to say they tend to - you. that can't be helped. You never know why people are going to rate you a certian way. I love the saying "if you can't change things why worry? If you can change things why worry?" Guess I am just one of the rare breeds that I am thankful for the oppertuinity to be able to have really great discussions, make some really great friends, and have the added bonus of getting paid for it. (Sorry I got so long winded on you lol)
@filmbuff (2909)
I'm total agreement with you. I've chased out several times already, but I'm not here for that exclusively. It's a lot easier to make money on AC, which I recently joined btw. You should clue me on in your CP page, I'll add you to my favorites and give you some page views. I think the thing that bothers people (by people I mean me) about the ratings is that if people take the time to read what they are for, they are not for popularity. If those are the rules, then they should follow them... I have to. But I agree, too much negativity can't we talk about something peaceful that everyone can agree on like the war in iraq? ;) :) Minnie Mouse is HOT! filmbuff
@Erilyn (3020)
Heeheheh yeah that would be a nice calm topic lol. I will send you a pm and you can add me to your CP list. I need to get on the ball and write some more. But lately (after the crash) I can't think of anything for some reason lol. I had a bunch I wanted to port over and now I can't think of anything to write. I will get back on it one of these days lol.
@munhozmib (3853)
• Sao Paulo, Brazil
I don't find it hard. I think hard isn't the right term to earning money in MyLot. It just takes a lot of time, if you don't have any referrals. I could reach the minimum payout every month, and that's what I am doing. Hard work. Hard work is everything, you know?
@Erilyn (3020)
I don't have any refferals either. To me its not that important to have them. I have hit 2 months of payouts, and am looking forward to hitting my third :). Yeha it takes time but what in life doesn't? lol
@munhozmib (3853)
• Sao Paulo, Brazil
I find this strange... You don't find referrals useful? Although I don't mail everyone telling "Join MyLot with this link!", I'd like to have lots of referrals. I can imagine myself, with at least 250 Referrals, earning some comission after what they earn... Earning more than a dollar per day, without posting. Who knows five dollars per day?
@Erilyn (3020)
I didn't say I don't find them useful, just not nessessary. I am averaging 11 cents per post or so here on myLot. (taking what I have earned so far and the number of posts that I have.) I just don't see the need in worrying about getting refferals. Would it be nice to have some, yeah it would, but it doesn't worry me that I don't. I would rather have no refferals than to have a bunch of refferals that don't participate. I like having the discussions I have here, and I wouldn't change it for the world :).
There are actually some glitches that have been around for a long time that are still not fixed. Well I really don't want to go into that since I think I am in their bad books and I don't feel like getting banned just yet lol. :P As for the earnings, you can try work full-time and you might get 2 bucks for the whole day on average. At a monthly pay of $60 per month, do you think people will be too happy to complain? :PP
@Erilyn (3020)
I cna understand that but the point is you know going in that you aren't going to make a whole lot of money here. (sorry it took me so long to get back to you been away for a few days.)
@banta78 (4335)
I love being on mylot. It is really a great site. I have enjoying posting responses, airing my views, meeting people from diverse backgrounds and ages, making new friends, learning new things, getting and giving advice, having healthy interaction of views, and then icing on cake is we earn some bucks for our efforts which is nice. I feel one's writing skills, typing skills also improve. So to be part of such nice, active online community is quite fun. happy myloting. :)
@Erilyn (3020)
You have hit the nail on the head! that is exactly how I feel also. I posted this more because I have seen an over abundance of complaints about mylot. You don't see many discussions praising them. If you complain people will folck to it, if you praise it people won't even bother to read it. I know I tried to post a good discussion about how great I think mylot is.
Hi Erilyn! It is true that one cannot earn much in mylot. Maybe it is because this is a site to express yourself and the payment is just an icing on the cake. I am not here to earn so i have not bothered much.
@Erilyn (3020)
I am not here to earn either, I am just wondering why all of the complaints. I am having fun having discussoins with people and making new friends. As far as earning I think I am doing well for myself. averaging little more than 11 cents a post which is great cause it means trips to starbucks for me. I get to sit in starbucks on my laptop and chat on myLot thats a win win in my book :).
@touchnshine (2821)
Dear Erilyn Yes there are many users who are complaining about different things .. Most of them are new users who don't know the glitch sytem of mylot and many of them are not familiar with star count, posts deletion and all .. so all they can do is ask for help as because there is no live chat help provided on mylot. Atleast they get some answers from their discussions and they feel satisfied. So I guess it's not bad to complain or ask.
@Erilyn (3020)
Touchnshine.I can understand asking questions. I had a lot of questions when I first started as well. I am talking about the members that have been around for a little while complaining everytime there is a glitch, or they aren't earning what they think they should be. I can understand having questions don't get me wrong. I am just seeing more complaints about myLot than anything else you know?
I make different amounts of money on different days. But that does not concern me. I do keep track of how much I make each day only because I want to try to make the payoff for the time they are going to be paying out. I have been paid twice here also. Been here a little longer than you month wise. I have been here 5 months. The two payoffs I have gotten have been good amounts. But I like to come here for the variety of discussions I see. For the most part they are good quality discussions. I don't worry about the glitches because as you say they get fixed very quickly.
@Erilyn (3020)
Thank you for sharing that. I started here at the end of march. I hit my first payout in April. I am enjoying being here and finding all the great discussions. I have made some really good friends here also. I couldn't ask for anything more :). It is nice to see that bonus when you come on in the morning and the earnings change :).
@sunshinecup (7881)
I see them as well and I don't get it. No one will be able to make a living off this site. It's just nice to know you are making something for the time spent here. I love forums and before mylot, I spent just as many hours on them. Now that mylot pays pennys a post, I come here. I can make enough a month to cover internet costs, that isn't something to complain about in my opinion.
@Erilyn (3020)
My first payout was used for a couple of trips to Starbucks lol. My next payout will be about for the same lol. And you are right, people would still be posting on other forums if it wasn't for myLot, so why complain about the bonus of being paid :).
@rusty2rusty (6766)
• Defiance, Ohio
I think people think they can get rich or make money quick here. That isn't the case..so they leave. Than you get some people see the negative aspect of my lot right of that bat and get scared away.
@Erilyn (3020)
This is true. I was just mainly wondering mostly about why you see some many people complaining on here lol. I love it her and can't wait till things settle down for me so I cna be on myLot like I used to be :).
@sahm35 (891)
Its interesting what you said about the cutting and pasting, that is really a bummer becasue there are times that I do wish to enlighten the discussion with something I read. However the whole article may not apply to the discussion only a tidbit. So cutting and pasting several different articles along with my thoughts then pasting the whole thought on here is how I write most of my posts. But not here. Boy did it hrt my feelings when I had wrote so mucha nd could not send it.
@Erilyn (3020)
When you hit 500 Posts you can copy paste so no worries :). Just haveto get to that point first lol. (I need to not be away for most of a month lol).
@sahm35 (891)
Well Erilyn, I am one of those people who complain. A lot of that is frustration. I want to be where you are where I can meet my payout limits as well. I am so new I dont even know what the pay out limit is. But I know that it sounds good. We all want to do well. Its taking me a minute just to get people to respond to my posts and to find posts that I am interested in replying to. I have some ideas of how to do more but not sure how to implement them. I want to talk to more people but I cant continue to sit at the computer and get no monetary fulfillment from it. If I could get a little moola going and get friends... that would highlight my day. I am on CafeMom and as soon as I post something its attacked with ideas and advice. I think that I can speak for the complainers we are all just frustrated and want to get to your point of enlightenment!
@Erilyn (3020)
I don't really have a point of enlightenment lol. I don't have any refferals, and as you can see I don't post very much, I respond mostly, and comment on discussion a LOT. I don't often have a whole lot of responses to my discussions, I just make the most of the time I can spend on here :). I will send you a link to an article I wrote on MyLot and what I have done so far here. I can't say how they pay or anything like that But I will be more than happy to send you a link to it. I can't copy paste yet so I can't post it here I will send you a message with the link in it though!
@babostwick (2037)
It can be easy but it involves patience. Patience is a virtue and I have that. I know it will take time and I do know I will get paid. That is why I am very patient with it but also in the meantime working on article writing and trying to update my skills in the web design department as well. Of course, trying to get referrals can help but again that takes time. If you have the time, patience and willing to work hard at it to make a couple extra bucks, then go for it here. If not, then I guess maybe try something else that can guarantee a higher income. This isn't something that's gonna make someone rich quick. I knew that going in and I like being here. I look at my star and go from there and that's about it. I don't think there's anything that can be done, it's just a matter of patience.
@Erilyn (3020)
I would have to agree with you there. It just seemed to me that there are a lot more people complaining about myLot lately and I am just trying to figure out why. I have hit payout 2ce now so I can't see how it is that hard to hit it you know? It just seems to me that if people enjoed their time here on myLot instead of worrying about payout glitches etc. then they would have an easier time of it you know what I mean?
@KrauseHome (35517)
Great discussion, and so totally agree. Yes, I have been here for 8 months, and still Love this site. I feel the reason that some people complain about this site, and leave etc. is they never spend enough time in here, to give this site a chance. I have been paid every month I have been a member here, and some months definately more than others, but it has been worth it. As for the complainers, these could be the people that maybe post like to 10 discussions at most a day, and might take them 4 months to reach payout. I know I have some referrals for instance who are sitting at like $7 and complain that they never got paid in here, but never come back here to post either. I personally Love this site, and I am not going anywhere, and thanks for sharing your feelings on here. myLot Rocks!!
@Erilyn (3020)
I started here at the end of march and have reached min payout 2 times. I don't have any refferals myself yet, but when i do get some I would hope that I can help them do well on here. I love myLot and have no plan on leaving anytime soon.
@Sir_bobby88 (8244)
Well firstly there are so many distraction out there in mylot dragging the members away yea plus the update of the earnings per day might differ , the members will get bored and jump to another website yea .... but actually if you concentrate out here , you can actually earn some spare cash to spent in ebay yea
@Erilyn (3020)
I can certiantly understand that lol. I have lately been playing in second life as well as being here lol. There is a lot going on there heheheheh. It just seems that lately there are a lot more complaints about mylot then anything else. If you start a discussion about how great myLot is noone wants to hear it. If you are complaining about it everyone flocks to the discussion to bash it. I just don't get that.