new Jefferson nickels

@bgerig (1259)
are you collecting the new Jefferson nickels? It doesn't appear to me to be as big a deal as the state quarter. I do get quite a few of the different nickels in change.
@kitty1234 (1476)
The thing with the nickels is they made so many designs and then went back to the original design, they are worthless now except for uncirculated but maybe someday. I have kept one of each just in case!
@gberlin (3836)
No, I'm not collecting them. I have only seen them on TV when they announced that they were coming out. I have not seen one live.
I haven't started collecting them as of yet. I do agree that people haven't made as big of deal over them as they did the state quarters. How about the new dollar coins? Are you collecting them?
@mada9898 (193)
Yes, I enjoy these coins. Actually these nickels or matter of fact all nickels are worth more than 5 cents because of their metal content. Secondly, I have bought uncirculated nickels from the mint and also proofs. I really like these nickels. In 2009 the penny will change and will be a copper content!!!
@sizzle3000 (3040)
I did not know that they were doing anything different with the nickels. I just found out about the $1.00 pieces. I already bought the sacajewea dollars.. I guess I am going to have to buy a book to put them in because there are going to be new dollar pieces each month I think. I have the state quarters already so I my as well keep going and save the dollars next.
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
I didn't know that there was a new nickel that is sort of neat.
I'd like to see any new coins. Over here we've just switch our twenty pound note and I hate them. I think the old colour and look was an 100% nicer and it's silly how they think it's made it harder to fake. I've already come across good looking fakes. Unbelievable (sorry for my moan) ~Joey
I didn't even know they were making new jefferson nickels! How are they different? I am going to have to check mine.
@aprilgrl (4460)
I actually haven't paid any attention to it. I don't collect them but if it's rare I would.
@filmbuff (2909)
I'm not really collecting either, as the idea of collecting coins just doesn't do it for me. I have however seen lots and lots of non-coin collecters collecting the state quarters though. I haven't seen any of the Jefferson Nickels yet, I am curious to see what they look like, but I'm sure I'll have tons of them before long. Minnie Mouse is HOT! filmbuff
@ElicBxn (60081)
I've only seen 2 jefferson nickels, are there more?